Hello everyone!

Jade8088

Location (City and/or State)
Cardiff
Hey guys I’m a newbie to keeping torts and also to this forum.

I am looking for general advice as I am reading mixed reviews.

I’ve recently got myself a hermanns, Terry! ?? He is 2 years old. He is very mischievous and active.
The last couple of says he’s been climbing on top of his hide and giving me palpitations. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I’ve also bought an outdoor run for the garden but reading conflicting suggestions on letting him out into the garden? He has shelter within the run and I’ve kept him in the shade as I’ve read they can get over heated? however, some people say they need the UV.

when I bought the set up, I was only given a basking light. I’ve seen on here that they require UV light also?
Any information or answers would be greatly appreciated as I want to give Terry the best life ?

his diet consists of mixed dark leaves (florette), dandelions and he LOVES gem lettuce. terry will not touch kale (same opinion on that as me) and he has a large water bowl that he loves to sit in.
He’s been very active the last couple of days in his enclosure and seems to be trying to escape.

Attachments

• 9C522030-3D69-492D-969A-0C764C222A70.jpeg
    9C522030-3D69-492D-969A-0C764C222A70.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 21

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
How big is your enclosure and yes they need UV unless you have them out in the sun frequently!

Reactions: Ink