hello and questions

Reedthetortoise

hello,

I'm madi! I just recently adopted a baby Eastern Hermann's tortoise from Repticon when it came to Florida. His name is Reed (although i won't be able to tell his gender for awhile we are just gonna call it a him) and he is about an inch in a half in length. Does anyone have an approximate age for his size?

I have a question about some marks on his shell. There are some scratches on the middle of his plastron, right where the left and right sides meet (I can post a picture if needed) and I was just wondering if they are normal or not...

IMG_0051.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Is that what you're mad about - the scratches? That's the area where the yolk was attached when the baby was in the egg. It will go away in time.

Reedthetortoise

Is that what you're mad about - the scratches? That's the area where the yolk was attached when the baby was in the egg. It will go away in time.
Oh okay, I just haven't noticed them before so I wanted to make sure they weren't a problem... thank you for your input

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Welcome from Texas! Could you post any more pics? Views from top and sides? Also I can't really see any "scratches" on your baby's plastron, the pic gets blurry when I try to zoom it in. If you have a way of taking another one with clear close up image we maybe able to better help you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Same here. I don't see any issue there. Looks pretty good.

Welcome to the forum.