Hello all

HerbsParents

Hey all - First time on the forum, was looking at the Reptile report and was amazed by some of the info and photographs of you amazing torts. Have been a very happy tortoise owner now for 3 months and it has been amazing.

Herbert is a 20 month old Spur thigh Tortoises, He has a fantastic personality which i did not expect when first picking him up, We are very proud of him and he seems to be in top health, Our only concern is that over the past few weeks he has become increasingly sleepy the colder it has gotten. We have not hibernated this year as were unsure of his husbandry and health when purchasing, the evening temps are at about 12-13c at the lowest. When he first arrived he was very lively constantly and he is now sleeping most of the day. He is still pooping and eating healthily.

Any advise would be very welcome and its great to be here

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and welcome:). I would up the temps a little. I am. to brumating/hibernating my Russian either. He has three different temps. The coolest is a very small area, for him to go too, however the majority is on their higher end, so as to keep him up.