Hello All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGSoldier

5 Year Member
Hello everyone I hope everyone is doing well! My name is Marcus and I'm from Huntsville, AL. I've been lurking the site for a good while now getting some very useful information. I acquired my eastern box turtle about 4 months ago and have loved having it as a member of our family. How I got it is a very interesting story.

I've always had a soft spot for turtles. I always thought they were so cool but I never thought of actually owning one. Well my older brother had a turtle he got as a gift about 5 years ago and took very good care of it. However a year later he was called to go over to Iraq and obviously couldn't bring it with him so he asked me to take care of it for him while he was gone. At first I didn't want to because even though I loved turtles I didn't want to take the time to take care of it but, I owed him a favor as he watched my dog while I went to Iraq a couple years before lol. So I told him I would take him and I would be sure to make time.

From then I was really into his turtle lol. He had an ornate box turtle and it really was a lot of fun to watch and take care of him. Well he came back after a year and took him away so no more turtle for me I thought. Well in comes this eastern box turtle that I have now.

I was supervising over a construction site and in the corner of my eye I see a small piece of wood moving so I go to have a look and bam there she is lol. Well I wasn't sure if I should take her or not but I weighed the fact that we are probably destroying her home and the fact that there's a highway nearly 100/150 feet away so I said heck I'll take her. It's been great ever since and I plan for it to continue for a long time :D.

Sorry for the long story but I thought it would be an interesting read lol.

Attachments

• 20130722_171332.jpg
    20130722_171332.jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20130722_171358.jpg
    20130722_171358.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 20130722_171932_HDR.jpg
    20130722_171932_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hello! Welcome to TFO. I was worried for a bit there that the story would be a sad one (especially about your brother) so glad that was not the case.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Marcus!

AGSoldier

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hello! Welcome to TFO. I was worried for a bit there that the story would be a sad one (especially about your brother) so glad that was not the case.

Yeah now that I read over it, it does seem bad lol sorry about that.

-Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.