Hello!:3

Stephxo

Hey there forum!
My name is Steph and my two tortoises are Rosie and Tobi! Rosie and Tobi are both Red-footed Tortoises and are currently 4 years old, at the moment they live in a vivarium but we are looking to change that to a table, suggestions welcome! We live in the South of Wales so that means for now outdoor housing is out of the question (the cold, wet weather has already began).
So at the moment I only have photos of them when they were 2 years old so I will get more photos uploaded off my phone soon!:3

Feel free to ask any questions and make any suggestions, thanks!<3

703677_4002171533565_1951719080_o.jpg Little Rosie munching away!

331707_3941985788959_245843152_o.jpg Little Tobi coming to say hello for the first time!

P.S I no longer use the same bedding as there is in the photo :3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Steph, and welcome to the Forum!

I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism. You said you no longer use the chips as substrate. That's good because it was terribly dry-looking. If you'll notice the bumpiness of your tortoises shells - that's called pyramiding. It happens when baby tortoises are kept too dry. They need lots of moisture in their habitat to help them grow smoothly. There is some really good reading about RF tortoises at the
Tortoise Library

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Michigan
Hi Steph!
Have you had them both for the same amount of time? Be prepared!- there is a ton of information on here to help you! :)

Stephxo

Hey thanks guys! I have had them for the same amount of time and they both get on great :3

Thanks for the tip Yvonne I have noticed that Tobi's shell is a little more bumpy than Rosies and I've been trying to keep on top of the moisture in the cage but I would rather something that is more effective so I've been looking around, one thing I was wondering is whether a repti fogger is okay to use or maybe a reptile waterfall?

Also as Rosie and Tobi are getting bigger and the viv is no good to them, I'm looking at getting a tortoise table but I'm worried that if I get one it might be too small so what would be best as a table for them? I know some people use kids pools and boa tubs instead of buying the ones ready made.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
You might want to concider building one with a lid on top to hold moisture in. I use a reptile fogger and it keeps my humidity up at 80% in my enclosed table. Much better than an open top. Basically its just a big wood box with a foam board lid :)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hiya, Steph, Rosie, & Tobi! Welcome to the forum.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1409448131.395389.jpg

Your tort are way to dry bud. Redfoots are a tropical species and need to have constant humidity of at least 85% the more the better. Having an open top table makes it hard to maintain humidity levels that high. Diggers and musters work fine but if you build and enclosed table. All side and top are closed up, it holds temps and humidity with no problems.

I have two Juvenal Redfoots and I concrete and old baby changing table into a closed chamber for them. I hold 85 degree temps and 95% humidity with almost no effort at all. My table is two stories tall and has a plexi glass front that hinges down.

You are better off building your own table verses buying one. Take a look at the enclosure section and you can get lost for days with all the ideas in there. Just focus on the tables people use for Redfoots as each tort has it's own requirements.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)