New to the tortoise-keeping world, but oh so excited!

Wolverina

Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan
Hello all!
I’m very happy to be here!
My husband, four boys and I brought home a beauty of a Hermann Tortoise two weeks ago and are completely smitten with our gal, Rosie.
We were told that Rosie was six months old, but my guess is that she’s a bit older. She is friendly, social, and SO very smart! The only issue I’m having is that I can’t get any work done because I can’t stop staring at her ?. She’s just the most beautiful little thing! I’ve already looked up MANY things I don’t know about tortoises, which led me here and I’m excited to learn from all of you tort veterans! D073187E-2073-40C3-8840-80AD29111FD4.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome! I think you're right that Rosie is older than 6 months. If I was asked to guess I would have said a couple years old.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello all!
I’m very happy to be here!
My husband, four boys and I brought home a beauty of a Hermann Tortoise two weeks ago and are completely smitten with our gal, Rosie.
We were told that Rosie was six months old, but my guess is that she’s a bit older. She is friendly, social, and SO very smart! The only issue I’m having is that I can’t get any work done because I can’t stop staring at her ?. She’s just the most beautiful little thing! I’ve already looked up MANY things I don’t know about tortoises, which led me here and I’m excited to learn from all of you tort veterans! View attachment 315440
Hello and welcome. Here is the current and correct care advice. Judging by your substrate (the hay), you've gotten some not-so-good advice previously.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome!

Wolverina

Saskatchewan
Hello and welcome. Here is the current and correct care advice. Judging by your substrate (the hay), you've gotten some not-so-good advice previously.
Thank you! I will check it out immediately!