Heat light question

Jenblalock003

Hi all! Yesterday we upgraded the babies into a bigger tank. They LOVE it. Because it's bigger I'm worried ill need more heat. I have the mercury vapor UV/heat light but I also have another set up. This way they have a cool side, basking spot and then the other light helps to keep tank warm. The other heat light is 100 watt light, not a coil light, and no UV. Is that ok to use? It won't hurt their eyes? Just making sure.

Ty!

Jen

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
What kind of tortoise/ turtle ? Only you csn answer the temperature questions with a heat gun or a good meter . Check all your temperatures to a good care sheet and you should be good to go . The bigger environments are always better .

Jenblalock003

mike taylor said:
What kind of tortoise/ turtle ? Only you csn answer the temperature questions with a heat gun or a good meter . Check all your temperatures to a good care sheet and you should be good to go . The bigger environments are always better .

Hi Mike! Thanks for responding. I have two, 2 mth old sulcatas. The readon I asked about this light is bc I've read Toms threads and just wanted to make sure the light wasn't harmful to their eyes. (At first I had the reg UV light which wasn't a mercury vapor and I knew that was bad). So now I have the mercury vapor light and the heat light. Just wanted to make sure it was ok for them.

Ty!

Jenblalock003

Dizisdalife said:
What do you have providing the heat at night?

I have a 75 watt black light. I'm looking into getting a heat emitter though bc I know it's better.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have no idea about the mv lamps I don't use them but do know they are tortoise safe . I use a 60 watt and a 40 watt withe a che on a thermostat. For uvb I use a two foot tube 10.0 .