Heartfelt Blabber

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
Hey everyone. Just wanted to take a few moments of my life to be soft and squishy. I joined three days ago, because I was interested in tortoises (go figure, right?). At first, all I could do was devour every piece of information I could get my curious hands on. The deeper I dug, though, the more I realized that there are REAL people here. I have spent some where near 16 hours on these forums in the past three days, and I have learned more in three days in these forums, than i have in my entire life of being obsessed with torts. I have read countless books, visited a million different websites, but nothing touches on the fact that there is REAL personal connection here. I have made a handful of new friends, all who feel the same way I do about these awesome animals. On top of torts though, I read even deeper, and found actual emotion here. Some of the life events that have happened to people, I can connect to. I bawled my eyes out reading some posts, and laughed hysterically at others. I love the relationships that people have here. And I love reading a thread where everyone supports eachother, has a good time, or has respectful debates. Some of the threads I clicked on expecting to see a bloodbath (the EBT thread, lol) was just a simple debate in which people shared their thoughts on the subject. I love it. I love it here, and I am forever a member. I look forward to seeing future topics, debates, new tortoise info, and maybe even hope to start a couple threads that get three pages of response. I look forward to the day when I have enough experience in tort keeping to professionally welcome a "noobie" forum member. And mentor them in the keeping of these beautiful creatures. And maybe even help them feel comfortable enough to spill there heart out into a thread... Like all of you did for me. thanks guys and gals. :D

-Brandon

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
just FYI I am a bot, but thank you for the kind words.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
thats awesome bradon i love the close feeling on here with everyone, and i look forward everyday to get on and talk to you guys. You guys are great. :D

Thank the LORD for Everything:D.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
dmmj said:
just FYI I am a bot, but thank you for the kind words.

NO! I'M the BOT!

( Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well I am not a bot! Way too emotional to be one. :D Those are very kind words, thank you! I have always thought of this as one of my families, too. We sometimes laugh, we sometimes fight, sometimes even yell and throw things, too. :D Yet, when it comes down to it, we are there covering each others backs and trying to ease each others worries and pains. All the things a family does. For me (and I bet a lot of you) I can't just leave my thoughts and worries for you behind when I log out. You all go with me through out my entire day. I share you with my real family and sometimes I even vicariously live in your lives. :cool:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Awww, I agree with everything Jaqcui said!! I like soft and squishy as long as it is not describing a tortoise!!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Sometimes we pee our pants, spit soda or coffee all over the screen, pee our pants some more, fall off the chair laughing, crying when someone is having a rough go, and every now and again, like brothers and sisters a quarrel or two. Phone calls late at night when you need someone to talk to, who actually understands how you feel (Angela :D) Poor Neal was getting slapped around last week. But when they day is over we are all here for each other. I like soft and squishy too, peeps and torts! Squishy's need love too! Just like Low Rider, except he is almost NOT squishy!!

Glad you found us! :D

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
Lol. See what I'm talking about? Very awesome words, cool compliments, with a hilarious grand finale. Welcome to TFO :D :D

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
i love this forum! all i do is read and read and... read. i have also learned more on here than i could have ever imagined! :D thanks TFO

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
This truly is a great forum with a lot of awesome people on it, can agree more with what's been said already...

C

Claireabbo

well it looks like your working your way up to a 3 pager already! :D

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
DEFINITELY could not agree anymore with what everyone said. TFO has become a big part of our lives around our home - we are constantly sharing different stories with eachother that the other didn't get to read and showing eachother cute photos the other one overlooked. I really wish most lived closer because I would be all up for a meet and greet with EVERYONES torts! I love being able to get advice at anytime of the day and have people actually appreciate our tort unlike a lot of people out there that look at him and say the dreaded words "awwwwwwwww what a cute TURTLE!" haha its nice to be surrounded by people that know what kind he is without even saying a word :D THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!
-C

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
LOL. Or my favorite quote: "ummm... Don't turtles live in water?" I spend a ton of time in pet stores, and here that one all the time when people see a Russian or Leo on a bed of aspen.

Status
Not open for further replies.