Have any of your tortoises died?

AnimalLady

Yes.... my first ever tortoise died. My husband brought him home as he found him at work, and didnt want to leave him there. I had him a total of 2 days and he died. I really didnt know what I was doing, I had never before owned any kind of reptile, much less a tortoise! It broke my heart to say the least, till this day I still feel if I had known what to do I could have saved him. This is actually how my love for torts started :)

I now have an adult Russian and a baby Cherryhead RF... their doing good because I found this forum! :D

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yes.... my first ever tortoise died. My husband brought him home as he found him at work, and didnt want to leave him there. I had him a total of 2 days and he died. I really didnt know what I was doing, I had never before owned any kind of reptile, much less a tortoise! It broke my heart to say the least, till this day I still feel if I had known what to do I could have saved him. This is actually how my love for torts started :)

I now have an adult Russian and a baby Cherryhead RF... their doing good because I found this forum! :D
Any Tortoise that died in two days was very likely on its way before you ever got it. Don't feel so badly.