Has anyone been to Madagascar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
A dream vacation for me would be Madagascar.

Has anyone been there? I was watching some videos of wild radiated tortoises, not all of them had smooth shells, so maybe pyramiding is genetic to some extent, and same conditions will yield smooth and less smooth shells.

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I was there, but only for a four days, I did not see any tortoises. My Coast Guard boat stopped in Diego-Suarez which they call Antsiranana. I mainly wanted to see Lemurs and my friend and I rented a guide and driver to take us to Montagne d'Ambre which is national park. We hiked around the mountain rain forest all day it was a great time I wish I could have spent more time there. The place was very interesting I did get to see a lot of Chameleons while in the park the coolest one I saw was the Brookesia tuberculata which is tiny only about an inch long. Finally got to see lemurs too, two species the Crowned Lemur and the Brown Lemur. I want to go back maybe one day.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Ontario
I think radiateds are not native to that part of Madagascar, maybe that's why you didn't see any on your trip.
Do you have pictures from that trip?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Our Preacher was a missionary there for years and has great stories. He only adopted a child there though, no torts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.