Happy girls eating cactus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here are my 2 girls eating cactus, the one looking into the camera is a real character. These guys have not been real crazy about cactus but that seems to be changing. Thats all I gave them today for breakfast, so its that or nothing. The sun will be out today so they will be going out for some sun and weeds

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Hahaha! What a funny little face. Your tortoise on the right has the cutest face in that shot. Both are beauties! I cut up my cactus/nopales in small pieces with scissors and it seemed to get my two little Greeks to eat it. When I first tried to feed it to them they snubbed it and made a u-turn. Now they do like it and because it is wet and sticky, I can sneak in some Grassland, too, which they also would not eat. The maneuvers we have to do for our little charges, oy! : )

kjr153

5 Year Member
They're loving it. I need to get some for my baby.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
My radiata also doesn't seem to like cactus pad. Sometime he will take a nib, but usually he prefers to go grazing.

Nice shots, they're looking really good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love the half black head on radiateds. Makes them look so cool.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Hahaha! What a funny little face. Your tortoise on the right has the cutest face in that shot. Both are beauties! I cut up my cactus/nopales in small pieces with scissors and it seemed to get my two little Greeks to eat it. When I first tried to feed it to them they snubbed it and made a u-turn. Now they do like it and because it is wet and sticky, I can sneak in some Grassland, too, which they also would not eat. The maneuvers we have to do for our little charges, oy! : )

I think if I cut the cactus in small pcs. and mixed it with mazuri they would eat it for sure. I give them Mazuri about once a week or 10 days

ascott said:
LMAO...and "hamchop" comes to mind with that spectacular face on the right.....LOL :D

We have a few Hams around here

Yellow Turtle said:
My radiata also doesn't seem to like cactus pad. Sometime he will take a nib, but usually he prefers to go grazing.

Nice shots, they're looking really good.

Mine prefer to graze and I would prefer for them to do that as well. If I know its going to be warm outside I wont feed them so the will go on the hunt and graze

Tom said:
I love the half black head on radiateds. Makes them look so cool.

I love these guys, they are a privelage to have just like any tortoise or turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.