Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertrose

5 Year Member
Hallo,

I am, as is obvious, new here, and was advised to say hello to all you loverly people. I have come here for information and advice and hope to meet many friendly faces here.

I currently have 4 Fire bellied Toads, a Pacman Frog, two Marbled Crayfish, a Parakeet and a Tarantula. No reptiles in that list, I know, but I have a keen interest in adding a tortoise into my small menagerie. Any help and advice people can give me shall be much appreciated.

Vertrose

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*takes off the normal grumpy face and puts on the friendly face*

Hi and welcome! What is making you think you would like to add a tortoise to your group?

*takes back off the friendly face and puts on the much more comfortable grumpy one*

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Read all the info available on this forum to help you decide which one would be the best for you. The Russians, hermanns and Greeks are always the recommended first tortoise. However, my first was a leopard.

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
Welcome to the TFO family!!
Even though you don't currently have any reptiles~I am sure we would all still love to see pics of your babies :)

Vertrose

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
*takes off the normal grumpy face and puts on the friendly face*

Hi and welcome! What is making you think you would like to add a tortoise to your group?

*takes back off the friendly face and puts on the much more comfortable grumpy one*

*chuckles* no need to wear a mask for my benefit.

As far what makes me want a tortoise? Well, Ive always been keen to get one, but have never really had the funds or space to get one until now. So, what better opportunity than now? Bigger place of dwelling, bigger paycheck. How can I let the opportunity creep by me without grabbing hold of its tail before it gets away from me?

Vertrose

5 Year Member
Ive actually had my eye on a Sulcata, I know they require much care and thought towards living arrangements, but I think I could be up to the challenge.

I dont have any pictures of my frogs, crayfish or parakeet, but I do have one of my oldest baby, Keeran
\
29zxw5u.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sulcatas are nice, if you have the room and the patience to deal with their size and their some time habit of digging.

Vertrose

5 Year Member
At the moment I think I can manage a small one, and I would be perfectly happy letting a small one indulge itself in its digging nature with a deep rubbermaid/sterilite tub. When it out grows that, Im hoping to be on my way to a place with an actual yard I can utilize.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO I think everybody here will tell ya once you have a tort it becomes part of you . So get ready I hear the family (tort ) coming

MoireErin

5 Year Member
Knobs of KY
Vertrose said:
Ive actually had my eye on a Sulcata, I know they require much care and thought towards living arrangements, but I think I could be up to the challenge.

I dont have any pictures of my frogs, crayfish or parakeet, but I do have one of my oldest baby, Keeran
\
29zxw5u.jpg

Awesome pic! Love it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.