Greetings from Chicago!

PixelAdams

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
Hello everyone, just decided to join you all to learn some stuff, share some stuff, and celebrate a love of all things tortoisy.

I'm about to become the proud new mama of a baby marginata. (11 days till she arrives!) Her name is going to be Pixel.

I'm sure I'm going to have lots and lots of questions and exciting updates (and pics) to share after she arrives. I've been doing tons of reading (here and elsewhere) on tortoise care, so I hope I'm ready.

Anyway, I don't have a picture of my Pixel yet, so if anyone wants to share some pictures of their own happy marginatas on this thread that would be great!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I live in Chicago, North side. Just wondering are you really in the city or really in the suburbs? So many suburbanites say they live in Chicago when they really don't. I call them wannabes :p:D
Congrats on your future shelled family member. While you are waiting for his/her arrival, get the enclousre set up and temps and humidity all check out. When it arrives, give it a nice warm soak for 20-30 minutes, put it in the enclousre with some food and leave it be until the next day. Give it time to settle down a bit the day it arrives. Good luck and don't forget to share pics.

PixelAdams

Chicago
Hello and Welcome:). I live in Chicago, North side. Just wondering are you really in the city or really in the suburbs? So many suburbanites say they live in Chicago when they really don't. I call them wannabes :p:D
Congrats on your future shelled family member. While you are waiting for his/her arrival, get the enclousre set up and temps and humidity all check out. When it arrives, give it a nice warm soak for 20-30 minutes, put it in the enclousre with some food and leave it be until the next day. Give it time to settle down a bit the day it arrives. Good luck and don't forget to share pics.

I guess I'm a wannabe then! It just seems easier to say Chicago, but I'm actually from the suburbs. I'm just about done getting everything for the enclosure (it's a 50 gallon rubbermaid container, as suggested by many here.) I'll set it all up this week and post pics for critique so I have time to tweak it before the tortoise arrives.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!