Postcard from PNW

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Pixel just wanted to share some pictures from an adventure we took last weekend.
Hope you all enjoy some of the PNW beauty.

View attachment 321019View attachment 321020View attachment 321021View attachment 321022View attachment 321024View attachment 321025
What a cute little doggy!

Your pictures reminded me of wa-a-a-ay back when I belonged to an online bird club consisting of members all across the U.S. We bought a stuffed animal and named him - let's say 'Henry' because I can't remember the real name. Whoever signed up to belong to the Henry's Travels escapade took him in their turn to someplace in their town, took pictures of Henry alongside whatever monument or landscape they went to, then bought a souvenir. Henry and the souvenir were then sent to the next member on the list, etc. etc.

We started a special thread on our club's forum and posted our pictures as we went along. At the end of the list of members, when all had done their trips, the souvenirs were raffled off and sent to the winner. We talked about giving them to a charity, but opted for an auction instead. It was a lot of fun.

As I was looking at your pictures, I made up little vignette stories to go along with each picture, pretending that the little doggie was taking part in a trip like Henry did.

AgataP

Seattle, WA
What a cute little doggy!

Your pictures reminded me of wa-a-a-ay back when I belonged to an online bird club consisting of members all across the U.S. We bought a stuffed animal and named him - let's say 'Henry' because I can't remember the real name. Whoever signed up to belong to the Henry's Travels escapade took him in their turn to someplace in their town, took pictures of Henry alongside whatever monument or landscape they went to, then bought a souvenir. Henry and the souvenir were then sent to the next member on the list, etc. etc.

We started a special thread on our club's forum and posted our pictures as we went along. At the end of the list of members, when all had done their trips, the souvenirs were raffled off and sent to the winner. We talked about giving them to a charity, but opted for an auction instead. It was a lot of fun.

As I was looking at your pictures, I made up little vignette stories to go along with each picture, pretending that the little doggie was taking part in a trip like Henry did.

she definitely loves adventures just like I do. It is so good to get out. I have a bear that I take with me places and take pictures of it. He is hidden now because Pixel would take his head off HAHA!

AgataP

Seattle, WA
An owl??!?!? OMG!!!! It looks like it's going after that eagle!!!!! :-O
Yes, they do go after the eagles. Unfortunately eagles IQ is not the highest and stealing food from them is relatively easy.

That one got lucky ?

Attachments

• 4DD8528F-F5BB-45F8-921F-C4C9D8CE37A9.jpeg
    4DD8528F-F5BB-45F8-921F-C4C9D8CE37A9.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 5

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Yes, they do go after the eagles. Unfortunately eagles IQ is not the highest and stealing food from them is relatively easy.

That one got lucky ?
WOW!!!!! I did NOT know that!!!!