Greetings from Bakersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Hello Everyone! I have been lurking here for awhile, and finally sat down and registered. I am neighbors with NASCARMW (Lisa) who just recently joined too. I have an Ornate box, Rusty who is 11, and a brand new, cute as ever CDT hatched on 9/16/10. Can't decide on a name. Either Gidget or Scarlet. Glad to be a part of a great group of people. Lisa and I have learned so much. Lisa has been a sweetie and watches the baby while I am at work! :D I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning alot more. Mary Anne

vyeates409

5 Year Member
Torty Mom said:
Hello Everyone! I have been lurking here for awhile, and finally sat down and registered. I am neighbors with NASCARMW (Lisa) who just recently joined too. I have an Ornate box, Rusty who is 11, and a brand new, cute as ever CDT hatched on 9/16/10. Can't decide on a name. Either Gidget or Scarlet. Glad to be a part of a great group of people. Lisa and I have learned so much. Lisa has been a sweetie and watches the baby while I am at work! :D I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning alot more. Mary Anne

Welcome, I have just joined the forum also it's great. Vicki

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Mary Anne! We are certainly glad to have you joining us. So you have a babysitter during the day for your little one, that's neat and rather handy. You will be showing us pictures along the way of your two, correct? (hint hint)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Welcome, I wish I had a tort sitter that close.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Here is my attempt to post some pictures.......here goes
baby011.jpg

This is the little miss eating
PenParty021.jpg

This is Rusty in the foreground and Penelope Lisa's tort in the background
penbaby014.jpg

And little miss kissing her big sis

I hope it works!!! Fingers crossed......

Oh, I almost forgot Lisa has news on her Tort, hopefully she will post. I know as soon as some of you look at the picture of Rusty and Penelope, you will know what I am talking about. I don't want to be the one to spill the beans. We, have already learned alot here! I think Lisa has learned more than she wanted! Lisa is a great sport to babysit for me. I no longer worry that she will flip over and no be able to right herself. My husband on the other hand thinks I am a nut as I walk accross the sreet every morning at 6:30 with an aquarium and diaper bag in tow. Glad the girls at work don't know, I wouldn't live thru the jarring!! It's all good! :) Mary Anne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That last picture should have been entered in the calendar contest. Its just too cute!

nascarmw

5 Year Member
Bakersfield CA
so we have found out that our little miss Penelope is Mr Elliott, yes we named him after nascar driver Elliott Salder my husbands favortie driver LOL. Mary Ann and I are full of questions and so glad we have found this site!

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I love that last pic, she is too cute! Welcome to the forum :)

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
Welome...I just joined today too...Everyone here is helpful and friendly. Its a great place. Welcome!..Love the pics expecially the kissing one. thats to cute :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Welcome to the Forum...and GREAT pictures!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
spikethebest said:
Welcome! I am just down the 5 freeway from you, near Six Flags Magic Mountain.

I grew up there! We moved there in '72 I lived down Seco Canyon. We moved here to armpit-ville a few years ago. We go there all the time as good friends are still there. I was reading the posts about the turtle you guys are going to rescue tomorrow! I hope all goes well! We got our first dog from that shelter. Memories....... Now we eat dust and smell cow poopies when ever the wind blows..... :) Mary Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.