A note to say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

shona991

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas, USA
Hey everyone,
I finally had the chance to upload my profile and such, but now it's way past my bedtime (it's 2:24am in my area of the world now), so I have to go for now. If you will, read my profile, say hi, and I will post some stuff on here tomorrow as soon as I get a chance while I'm at work. I'm so excited to have joined this site, as I've gathered so much information since i got my girls a year ago, before I ever joined. I look forward to meeting you all, sharing our common love of all things shelled, and hopefully picking up a ton of new ideas here and there along with way! Hope any of you reading this have a wonderful night and day, depending on where you are!

TTYS!
Lisa

Oh ya, I will upload picts of my amazing babies tomorrow as well!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I look forward to seeing pictures of your amazing babies. I am guessing redfoots/cherryheads?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lisa:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

shona991

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas, USA
Hey everyone, thanks so much for the warm welcome! I've been trying to upload some picts of my girls from my phone since I'm using the app for this site, but after it seems to have uploaded a msg pops up saying "file upload failed, please choose a valid file and try again". I'm not sure what that's about, as the file is from my cell's photo gallery. When I tried uploading w/ my laptop last night w/ picts I from my digital camera it took forever! After 5 min nothing seemed to be happening, so I gave up and went to bed. The camera picts are huge files and I don't know how to change the file size, so I hope the prob is b/c the site's trying to reduce their size & not b/c it won't let me post them! It's frustrating, but when I get home I'll try & have more patience & load them for y'all.
In response to a question, my girls are red foots, not cherries! I love both types of torts, but they are the ones my breeder had at the time! I've been thinking about adding a cherry to the group though, but from what I've read I'm not entirely sure I can house them together, which is something I need to be able to do b/c of the huge habitat plans my husband and I have. If anyone has experience with both and keeping them together safely I'd love to hear it!
Again, sorry no picts yet, but they're coming soon, I promise! ;0)

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome Lisa. I found that the easiest way to do photos is to use Tinypics.com. Select the photo(s) you want. Resize them to about 640X480. Copy and Paste the IMG code into your message. I hope this info helps.
I won't be able to help you with Redfoots. I have Russians. Lot's of people here do have RF and will help you. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
There is no problem housing Cherryheads with other Redfoots. The thing is, you should get a female and not breed them. The reason I say this is the hatchlings would technically be "mutts". That would be okay, if they were going to pet homes who would never breed them and whom knew they were mixes. Unfortunately many people buy for instance a Cherryhead, only to learn later, that is not what their tortoise really is. Creates problems with folks trying to establish good breeding colonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.