Grand Cayman Green Sea Turtle farm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
417.JPG495.JPG540.JPG

Just been to see my hubby in the Caribbean and he took me to the Turtle farm on Grand Cayman.

Simply amazing experience, swimming with the turtles, holding them, and watching them interact..

I have loads more pictures, if anyone wants to see them please PM me as it takes way too long to put them all up on here!

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Lucky you. Have always wanted to swim with the sea turtles.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We just went to Hawaii on spring break and booked to swim with dolphins and sea turtles. We came up emty:( did get to see some turtles at least. I think my next turtle swim will be where you went. Nice :D

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Very welcome! I have about 75 pictures but it just takes so long to put them up on here!! Everything from yearlings to the grand old lady of 75 in my first picture..

I loved the way the smaller ones flapped about, but once you tickled under their chins they calmed right down, it was the best thing I have ever done, still grinning and I got back 2 weeks ago!!

EKLC

5 Year Member
This place is on my to-do list, would make a good honeymoon. thanks for the pics

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I would've went to the turtle farm on my trip to Grand Cayman but unfortunately my family begged to differ. Thanks for putting up these pics, I won't miss it next time I go. :D

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
Absolutely awesome!!! I swam with stingrays in grand Cayman too. We had the same perma grin look for a long time. ;) we also swam with the sea turtles in Playa Dell Carmen last year. Awesome!!!!!!!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
My mom went to grand cayman a few years back and visited the turtle farm. At least I believe if was the one in Grand Cayman. Wherever she went, there was a sea turtle there that had at least one, I think it may have been two mechanical fins, fully functional :) It got attacked by a shark and thankfully was found.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
I wanted to go when I visited, but didn't end up going. Thanks for sharing, I need to go next time I visit.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
bubbles01 said:
Just been to see my hubby in the Caribbean and he took me to the Turtle farm on Grand Cayman.

Simply amazing experience, swimming with the turtles, holding them, and watching them interact..

I have loads more pictures, if anyone wants to see them please PM me as it takes way too long to put them all up on here!

Send me some more pics!!!!!

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Laura said:
is it a conservation type farm? do they raise and release?

In the early years it was originally a place which sold their turtles for slaughter. In the 1980's it became a conservation type farm (they've released over 27000 turtles into the Caribbean).

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Looks like such fun!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
My sister and brother in law went there and said it was awesome !!! Your so lucky , looks like fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.