Good Vets for Tortoises in Oregon?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I live on the Oregon Coast and I was wondering if anyone in Oregon can recommend a vet that has experience with tortoises? I am just curious for future reference! I really hadn't thought about a good vet to take a sick tort to outside of a big city like Portland....

Anyone have any suggestions? In reality, i would drive a long way from here to get Arty the appropriate medical attention if she needed it.
And it would be better to have a good vet in mind if some emergency happened!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I live on the Oregon Coast and I was wondering if anyone in Oregon can recommend a vet that has experience with tortoises? A big city like Portland....

Anyone have any suggestions? In reality, i would drive a long way from here to get Arty the appropriate medical attention if she needed it.
And it would be better to have a good vet in mind if some emergency happened!

Avian & Exotic Veternary Care
7826 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97213-6467
Phone 971-361-2209

Dr Paul M. Gibbons DVM, MS,DABVP (Reptiles and Amphibians)

https://www.avianexoticvetcare.com

I hope you never need their services.
Cowboy Ken

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I'm in Portland but newer to torts so I haven't had to go to a vet yet.
I had a good chat with the receptionist at avian & exotics. The vet certainly seems qualified and experienced with torts from what she said. Prices are very high.
I also have in reserve NW Exotic Pet vet (503 646 6101). Also just a chat with the receptionist made the vet seem experienced with torts also. Prices are better.
Not a definitive answer but that's what I can offer. I'd also be curious to hear anyone's experience with these vets.