Good thermostats with lower temperatures?

dimitri

5 Year Member
I have a Russian tortoise, and right now at night I use a heating pad to keep him warm because it is still really cold here. I like the heating pad but I'm moving him over to a new enclosure and I would like to try out a ceramic heat emitter. I know that I need a thermostat for this, but I'm having trouble finding one that sounds good. I really want one that can go as low as at least 60 degrees, and one that has really good reviews. Any suggestions?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
CHE temperature is controlled by choosing a low wattage and then adjusting the height unyil you get the desired temperature underneath.

Does ot really get too cold for your Russian at night? If it is indoors then itis very unlikely to do so.

dimitri

5 Year Member
My house gets can down to 40 degrees at night, even in the summer

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And does your tort sleep out in the open in this 40F summer temperature (5C for us Europeans) or does it sleep in a house / buried in hay / have the ability to dig in where the temperatures are a few degrees warmer? Russians are natuves of an area that doesn't stay particularly warm by day and their instinct is to dig in at night to stay warm.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have used the commonly available $25-30 dial type ones and they will go down to 60-65.

Where on earth do you live with 40 degree SUMMER night temps? How on earth do you live that way? If MY house gets much below 70, I'm freezing!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I have used the commonly available $25-30 dial type ones and they will go down to 60-65.

Where on earth do you live with 40 degree SUMMER night temps? How on earth do you live that way? If MY house gets much below 70, I'm freezing!
Tom, what's the brand?

Elohi(Earth)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There are several, but they all look the same. A-Life, ZooMed, Zilla, Exo-Terra... They are basically the same with a different companies label on it.

dimitri

5 Year Member
And does your tort sleep out in the open in this 40F summer temperature (5C for us Europeans) or does it sleep in a house / buried in hay / have the ability to dig in where the temperatures are a few degrees warmer? Russians are natuves of an area that doesn't stay particularly warm by day and their instinct is to dig in at night to stay warm.
He likes to bury himself

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
In that case, he is regulating himself as he would in the wild. As long as temperatures don't go below freezing and he gets up and goes to bask under his heat lamp to warm up during the day, I wouldn't worry.

dimitri

5 Year Member
There are several, but they all look the same. A-Life, ZooMed, Zilla, Exo-Terra... They are basically the same with a different companies label on it.
Thank you, I will try to look for these brands.