Golden Coin

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
What a cutie! Congratulation. Don't have anything to add to this fascinating thread (bcs i'm ignorant in this stuff just love to hear other people talk and learn) but noticed pothos in that baby's container. I used to use this plant a lot due to the ease of growing it in harsh warm humid closed chamber environment. Pothos was really the only plant groeing beautiful and lush in there, but my babies loved to munch on it. Not that the'd ever experienced real hunger (I feed them WELL!), but they'd just mow it down in matter of few days. Then i read on this forum about potential harm from consuming it and that was the end of beautiful bushy terrarium for my babies:( What do you guys think about that? Does you new cute baby try to eat it?

This plant has been hugely debated being toxic. I don't feed it or keep it near any species except Asian taxa. It seems it's a staple to Manouria. All the little cuora I keep it in with and they nibble on it in addition to pellets and worms. I also will use papaya leaves in these tubs.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I had a chance to get some trifasciata a few years ago, but I talked myself out of it. I wouldn't do it unless I knew what they were genetically. Even though so few of the animals produced in the US go back to Asia, I still couldn't breed mutt Cuora.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this stuff and have success breeding them, man. They are a gorgeous species and need champions like you to do the tough husbandry and genetic work to make it all happen.

Yep they are rather muddied for sure! Hopefully one day we will find out what they are. Being so critically endangered I'd speculate that even muddied this species still needs to be bred.