Gimli's Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
Here is the first pic of Gimli our 6 year old Sulcata. He just got here about 1 hour ago. He's exploring our backyard and has already been grazing. We're super-duper excited!!!:p
What do you think?

Attachments

• Gimli's first pic.jpg
    Gimli's first pic.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 93

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Gimli is a fine-looking Dude/Dudette!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He's beautiful. Are we sure he's a boy? Where did you get him from? Are you going to let him live outside or bring him in at night? :D

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I thought I was sure, but now I'm wondering. The former owners also told me "he" was between 40-45 lbs. We just weighed him and he's a solid 56. I know "his" age has to be right because they have had "him" since a hatchling. I'll post a couple of pics here in a minute and maybe you can help me. He will be living outside in our backyard. He came with his dogloo house and we're retrofitting a kids playhouse for his winter home.

Ok, so here are the pics. My husband wanted me to post that our tortoise is actually 60 lbs not 56. My bad. It seems awfully big for only 6 years old though.
DSC09537.jpg

DSC09538.jpg

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
My big boy is over the 50 pound mark and he is six this year.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What do I think? I think those people (and Gimli) are lucky they found you.

That is pretty big for his age. I wonder if they didn't skip a few years when counting. I've had lots of animals be "5 or 6" for more than a year or two. At that size he should be ready to start eating bermuda grass hay too. Much easier and cheaper than ten heads of leafy greens every day. Oh, and definitely a male.

Your first pic is tiny and I want to see whole body shots. He's got a big head on him. I like that in a male tort. My Scooter has a big head and Bert, not so much.

Congratulations. I know you'll have lots of fun with him.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
TKCARDANDCOIN said:
My big boy is over the 50 pound mark and he is six this year.

If your sulcata is a male then your signature should read 1.0.0 sulcata (or did you acquire another);)

Status
Not open for further replies.