Our new baby needs a name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeAndJames

5 Year Member
We have just got our new 8 month old sulcata! The parents were lovely! About 15 years old & 30kg! We're smitten with ours already! ImageUploadedByTortForum1370200517.849995.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1370200544.954956.jpg
Our fave name choices are Terra, Taco & Syd?! Help....so hard choosing!ImageUploadedByTortForum1370200668.850223.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Now lets get the enclosure tweaked so he will start growing nice and smooth as he already as some pyramiding started. First the water saucer should be buried so the rim is level with the substrate. Also, you should get 1/2 to 3/4 of it covered so you can get the humidity upto 80% with ambient temps no lower the 80 and basking 95+. I too like the name Taco. At the bottom of my post if Toms threads. They will help with getting everything right for raising him nice and smooth.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I agree with burying the saucer. Also, add some plants to keep the enclosure interesting. A simple plexi lid will trap the important heat and humidity.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I do like taco, I have a tortoise named Dorito lol....and a gecko named chalupa....you could call me a Taco Bell fan lol. However I notice OP is from Europe and its slim pickins finding a Taco Bell over there.

Urtle

5 Year Member
I dont know. I think from those three I like Terra :)

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
We already know what the name is... No need to fight it... Your tort is whispering "taco"....

JadeAndJames

5 Year Member
Thanks for you response & help people! We may have chose a completely different name now, but will keep you updated! So difficult!
Leaning towards 'littefoot!' (Land Before Time) if anyone remembers that film! :-D

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
JadeAndJames said:
Thanks for you response & help people! We may have chose a completely different name now, but will keep you updated! So difficult!
Leaning towards 'littefoot!' (Land Before Time) if anyone remembers that film! :-D

Love that name!

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
My youngest sulcata is named littlefoot! But I do like the look and sound of taco for yours... I think taco would be a fitting name.

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
Lol I have Ducky, Spike, and Cera. I still need Littlefoot and Petrie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TortForum mobile app

JadeAndJames

5 Year Member
It's a war on Facebook between Taco & Littlefoot still! So difficult! Ha! Live Land Before Time!

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
JadeAndJames said:
It's a war on Facebook between Taco & Littlefoot still! So difficult! Ha! Live Land Before Time!

I think littlefoot is adorable!! I loved that movie when I was younger. Personally I wasn't much on taco but Terra was cute as well. ((My nick name is Syd my name is Sydney)) :p

clucey

5 Year Member
Cant wait for the results!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
You just had to bring in the big guns! I grew up on land before time movies! Taco is awesome same but littlefoot?! How can you say no to that! I'm sorry but if you don't use it I will! Time to buy a new tortoise! J/k... My wife would kill me!

Status
Not open for further replies.