Getting ready for the New Year celebration !

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Borneo
Only those CB babies are togather !! Even those are batch according to their needs ie footed with emys and elongata .....

Sulcata and leopard and pancake ...

Radiated and Yniphora ......

Cheers
SAM

Sent from my iPhone

Kleinmann_Fan

5 Year Member
Wow, that's some range of tortoises you have there.
May I ask what kind of number of offspring you produce annually?
I had my best year in 2014, about 50 babies in total (Marginata's, Hermann's and Horsfield's), but It was all I could do to manage them all, especially having a job.
Are tortoises a full time job for you?, or do you help with them?

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Wow, that's some range of tortoises you have there.
May I ask what kind of number of offspring you produce annually?
I had my best year in 2014, about 50 babies in total (Marginata's, Hermann's and Horsfield's), but It was all I could do to manage them all, especially having a job.
Are tortoises a full time job for you?, or do you help with them?

Some of the sp i work with could easily produce 50 hatchlings in a clutch ie sulcata , emys !

I am well into the 1000 mark per year !!

Tortoise is still my hobby that went a little out of control , i do have a full time job running a few companies - property leasing , investment ....... .

I do have a few guys down in the field growing , harvesting the food for my herd and also the maintenance of enclosures . But when ever possible all nest are excavated , cleaned , marked , incubated by myself .

The hatchlings and a few others live with me at home , not in the farm with the other breeders .

Cheers Sam

Last edited:

Kleinmann_Fan

5 Year Member
Some of the sp i work with could easily produce 50 hatchlings in a clutch ie sulcata , emys !

I am well into the 1000 mark per year !!

Tortoise is still my hobby that went a little out of control , i do have a full time job running a few companies - property leasing , investment ....... .

I do have a few guys down in the field growing , harvesting the food for my herd and also the maintenance of enclosures . But when ever possible all nest are excavated , cleaned , marked , incubated by myself .

The hatchlings and a few others live with me at home , not in the farm with the other breeders .

Cheers Sam
You amaze me, 1000 offspring a year, and it's a hobby outside of work, that takes some doing, I'm jealous for sure.
If I get another 50 or more offspring in 2015, I might have to cut down at work, just to have the time.

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
I could up that figure if I wanted as I am under-utilizing some of my adult breeder ( no actual planned pairing or male removed from group )

To max production I usually separate them according to sex and condition separately before pairing .

Cheers
SAM

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited: