Galaticus and Spartacus's New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuantzer

5 Year Member
icic , so coconut coir is better ? did nano titanium spray harm the tortoise when u spray it ? where can get it ?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
After seeing what you have done I priced the materials to do the same type of all glass enclosure, the numbers I used where 18x36x10 inches and it came to under $30 American, So I am going to make one for my little star to fit on a specific piece of furniture, not sure of the exact size yet,Thanks for posting yours, Whetstone is doing fine as far as I can tell, He is my first star, so not really sure what to look for that is not normal.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Len said:
After seeing what you have done I priced the materials to do the same type of all glass enclosure, the numbers I used where 18x36x10 inches and it came to under $30 American, So I am going to make one for my little star to fit on a specific piece of furniture, not sure of the exact size yet,Thanks for posting yours, Whetstone is doing fine as far as I can tell, He is my first star, so not really sure what to look for that is not normal.

That sounds awesome!

Will be looking forward to seeing pictures of your enclosure soon!

Dagashi

5 Year Member
20120408_224122.jpg

We just added coco coir and its spongy!!

Will update on how the torts like it. But we found that they are really messy!

After coming out of the water... They get coir all over thier faces! Lol and thier legs too!

But they walk much better and we saw thuer tails wag. We're hoping they are happy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Love your enclosure. Well done.

I like to pack the coco coir down with my hand and make it more solid. It tends to be a lot less messy this way and easier for them to walk on.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Love your enclosure. Well done.

I like to pack the coco coir down with my hand and make it more solid. It tends to be a lot less messy this way and easier for them to walk on.

we've already compressed as much as we can but compared to the fir bark.. it's much messier! but they are walking much better. Phew! and they can burrow too. Not sure whether or not they are loving the new substrate.

We forsee them eating it alot tho... right now we're quite satisfied but we're maintaining the fir bark around the water area (less messy). It seems like they love their new set up (we rearranged a few items) and they have been exploring the place completely! (even tho technically it's the same items) we've just created more nooks and crannies for them to explore and venture.

DvotedMOMMY

5 Year Member
LOVE your set up! It's very nice looking!
It definitely is a very attractive piece to your room! Your torts seem to enjoy it! :)

If you don't mind my asking, what do you use that looks like a small pond? I LOVE that! It appears to be a water dish, but looks very flat, and not too high in height. Perfect for them to get in and out of.. :)

Dagashi

5 Year Member
DvotedMOMMY said:
LOVE your set up! It's very nice looking!
It definitely is a very attractive piece to your room! Your torts seem to enjoy it! :)

If you don't mind my asking, what do you use that looks like a small pond? I LOVE that! It appears to be a water dish, but looks very flat, and not too high in height. Perfect for them to get in and out of.. :)

Hi! Thanks for your kind words! The pond is actually an exoterra large feeding dish. We've placed pebbles in it because our babies are too small and had little footing in the dish. It was also slippery and too deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.