From Georgia

Gnat

Location (City and/or State)
middle Georgia, US
I've spent a long time, years, looking up care on these guys but I'm scared now. Am I doing it right? any tips...

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I've spent a long time, years, looking up care on these guys but I'm scared now. Am I doing it right? any tips...

Describing your care and posting photos of your enclosure will help us determine if you're doing things optimally.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Heyas I'm new to tortoises but here is my new baby, a leopard tortoise, I got him 4 days ago

View attachment 184590 View attachment 184591
A gorgeous tort.:) Do not worry/panic: we are here to help. ;)

Please give your daily soaks in warm water and make sure there's enough:

a) warmth
b) humidity

Read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and care sheets and ask ANY question.:D

What of your tort's enclosure? if I may ask.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Tips ?
Follow the advice and care sheets on this forum and you'll be fine.
Some other forums are still using out of date information from many years ago.
Tortoise keeping has moved on.

Steve_carter

UK
Long story short, I took him to a well recommended reptile vet, everything is great, just need to keep him warmer

Welcome to the forum! :D Beautiful looking tort & good to hear everything is great. Have you got any pics of your enclosure?
There are plenty of members on here to offer you advise and maybes able to advise you further to keep him warmer with the setup you have :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Long story short, I took him to a well recommended reptile vet, everything is great, just need to keep him warmer
Well done Gnat. So you increased the temps., correct? And trust us when we say photos of the enclosure help us alot in answering questions you might not even know you have yet.
What temps is he currently kept at? What are you using to determine the temps? If you're using a thermometer to measure his temps, where are you taking the reading? Back of carapace hight or some place else? These are just the beginning temp questions you'll be asked to help you raise a happy, healthy tortoise. Then we'll want humidity information and information concerning the lights that you use.
At times it may seem nit picky but trust me, there are a combined multiple 100's of years experience here. ;-)