Friends of Cowboy Ken

morganshaw

Hi all. Sorry I've been working all day and trying to keep up with everything that's going on. Long story short, more X-rays are needed to see if he needs surgery or not. Going to happen tonight some time. We've talked and would love for you to only send virtual cards for now. His phone is MIA so phone calls can't happen either. He is awake and ornery as all get out! His memory is very spotty :-( but would like to show his smiling face!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Hey Ken, it is time to cowboy up. Life is kicking your butt right now but you need to start kicking back. I'm glad to hear that your ornery, that means you're doing OK. I wish there was someway I could help. When The physical therapist comes in to visit you make sure you give them a really really hard time. They like that :) i'm sending good thoughts your way.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks for letting us know how your Dad is, he is looking quite good from the picture you've posted!
We are all thinking of him and missing his dry comments on the forums.
Hope all goes well with the x- rays etc.
Please give him our love.
Lyn

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi all. Sorry I've been working all day and trying to keep up with everything that's going on. Long story short, more X-rays are needed to see if he needs surgery or not. Going to happen tonight some time. We've talked and would love for you to only send virtual cards for now. His phone is MIA so phone calls can't happen either. He is awake and ornery as all get out! His memory is very spotty :-( but would like to show his smiling face!

View attachment 141451
Thanks a lot your message. I'm sure Ken 'The Cowboy' will make it whether he need a surgery or not, though we all hope he won't need one. Come on, KEN... I know that cowboys are 'tough' so get up. Or are you enjoying being spoilt by nurses?! We miss you and your 'sweet' comments.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks for the update, Morgan.
It's appreciated that you find the time to do this during what must be a very difficult and busy time for you also.
Ken actually looks better in your photo than he did before, so things must be looking up.
Send him kindest regards from Adam, wifey and Tidgy too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Dear Ken,

Good afternoon, as it is 5.10pm here. How are you now? Want to hear: 'Better, MUCH better.'

Miss you Ken, and hope to hear all went well IN CASE an operation was needed, though I insist: COWBOYS are GREAT and their wounds HEAL FAST. They don't sit and wait for....time to heal their wounds; do they Ken?

Ken, you're in our HEARTS, not only minds.

Attachments

• get_well_soon9.gif
    get_well_soon9.gif
    157.9 KB · Views: 17

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

View attachment 141451

I see you captured his good side. :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Dear Morgan,

Please, let me know how your Dad is now. Have the doctors decided if he's in need of an operation? Hope NOT, but if so, I wish him the BEST OF LUCK, and hope all goes well.

Will be praying to GOD that Ken recovers quickly: he's a DEAR person. Take good care of him Morgan. Wish I was there to stand by you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How is his surgery goes?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Dear Ken,

I am a pain in the neck (not anywhere else!!) I know, but GOD only knows how much I care for you, and am praying to GOD that all goes well. Take it easy, we are all by your side.

Please let us know how things are NOW.

Regards to Morgan,
Gillian and Oli

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Oh wow, so sorry to hear about all this!!! I don't know Ken but he's always been pretty cool and funny when reading threads and he helped me out on how to navigate on the forum app. However, tell him I wish him a speedy recovery and thank God he's ok from the accident!
Shannon