Ariel, from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
Hi, my name is Ariel, ive had my sulcata for a few weeks now.. ive had one before but when i got his he was unhealthy and he died 5 years ago, the one i have now is just barely 3 inches long and his name is Ted, i do know most things about them, but with every owner there are a few things we dont know, so i found this site and im hoping you guys can help me out whenever i need you =]

here is a picture of Ted out in the yard, he loves grass, i have a little dish set up in his tank, right now he has a 75 gallon tank, wider and longer, not as high.. temps are about 75 to 85, some days a little hotter.. but he loves grass, and we do NOT fertilize our yard, so its safe for him to eat =]

Attachments

• 228793_1891124912454_1071424319_32209776_3137334_n.jpg
    228793_1891124912454_1071424319_32209776_3137334_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 56

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hello Ariel and welcome to the forum. One of our tort's name is Ariel. Cute Sulcata you have there. What happens if Ted turns out to be a girl (just kidding).

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
If ted turned out to be a girl, her name would still be ted haha, his/her full name is Ted Toasty Toodaloo.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
IRTehDuckie said:
If ted turned out to be a girl, her name would still be ted haha, his/her full name is Ted Toasty Toodaloo.

I like the whole name, and welcome your little one looks good..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Ariel! Ted looks like a very serious tortoise. :D Sorry things did not work with your last sulcata and hope Ted will be with you forever. I think you will enjoy all the sulcata threads, and don't forget to check out the enclosure and diet threads too for helpful ideas. Welcome and we hope to see you in lots of the threads! :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ariel:

Welcome to the forum!!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh, I love the full name.. That's neat. I know we name ours from time to time a gender specific name and we don't know the sex for sure. Just like my daughter named two of our hatchlings Ariel and Melody after the Disney movie, but my daughter is really close to them and has bonded with them. I feel that's most important and if they are boys, so be it lol.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!!!

You must be from southern Michigan, because we are still struggling to break 70 here... it was only 50 today.

Good luck with your little one!

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
yeah 21 and van dyke area, utica, shelby.. so yeah southers thumb part hah, and its still struggling to get 70 too so im in the same boat as you

Status
Not open for further replies.