FREE Quick & Dirty Temp Enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston Area, Texas
So, my husband and I have been making these enclosures here and there. Thanks to a great forum member, my daughter got a 3 toed boxie today. We needed another fast, temp setup until Saturday, so off we went to get supplies. I used this opportunity to actually take pictures this time.

We have an appliance store locally, and they ALWAYS have boxes to get rid of:

IMAG0741.jpg

Cut in half longways:

IMAG0742.jpg

A little duct tape to tighten things up:

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0743.jpg

All that took about 5 minutes. Then we started adding stuff. So here's the final result of 20 minutes worth of work:

IMAG0746.jpg

IMAG0747.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

And the gorgeous young man that will be inhabiting this temp castle. Days only. We have no creepy critters really, but he won't get nights until we can build one with a screened sleeper.

IMG_20120613_192133-1.jpg

We've fostered tortoises as large as 20 pounds with these. Of course, we used fridge boxes and a lot more duct tape. Even made hides of duct tape.

viperdrake

5 Year Member
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
haha thats just great! love duct tape thats like the best tool ever, btw ive been trying to find that turtle planter/pot where did you get it? ive been looking for it like crazy i want it for my office with a little lucky bamboo

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
RE: FREE Quick & Dirty Temp Enclosure!

The turtle is actually a votive holder. We planted the aloe very shallow and it might die, but we grow it for the sulcatas, so have plenty.

I believe he's pleased. My daughter named him Prometheus after meeting him. What a mouthful.

We ended up with 7.5ft X 2.5ft. It's small to me, but the GCTTS says minimum 4x4. Guess the next one will be it's own country, lol.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice and the price is right. :D I too, liked the little turtle planter. :D

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
RE: FREE Quick & Dirty Temp Enclosure!

Jacqui said:
Nice and the price is right. :D I too, liked the little turtle planter. :D

Thanks so much. With an appliance store so close, I've spent years building stuff with cardboard. And they make it convenient by leaving it all on the front porch.

I think it could withstand a decent rain, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.