Freaking out! Could I get help

Covey88

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
So yesterday my red foot was out walking around while I cleaned her enclosure and I looked back and she found my daughter pool noodle (used as a toy not for pool so no chemicals minus what they are made of) and took about 3 or 4 bits out of it none bigger than a blueberry. What should I do, should I give her something to help pass them, will she pass them? Does she need to go to the vet? She is about 14 year old, I rescued her 4 years ago and was told she was already 10.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
So yesterday my red foot was out walking around while I cleaned her enclosure and I looked back and she found my daughter pool noodle (used as a toy not for pool so no chemicals minus what they are made of) and took about 3 or 4 bits out of it none bigger than a blueberry. What should I do, should I give her something to help pass them, will she pass them? Does she need to go to the vet? She is about 14 year old, I rescued her 4 years ago and was told she was already 10.
I would start with regular bathes in warm water in the bath tub so she has room to move around and get those Bowles moving. And monitor her closely.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you let her roam inside your house while cleaning enclosure do not do that. This is the kind of stuff that happens. If it was outside you need to put her in a designated to her area or just put her in a box or basket while cleaning. This is why they need to always be in an area that is designated to just them.
Keep a close eye on her for any changes. Soak daily for at least half hour each time and feed some water foods. Check her poops to see if she passes them.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Murphy's Law strikes again. Hope she will be ok.

Covey88

5 Year Member
Ohio
What would be a good watery food to feed her?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Add iceberg lettuce and stick her in warm water just passed the bridge where the carapace and plastron meet...you want her to swim frantically, not drown but so she would be afraid and swim lots and poop...and do not EVER let her roam your floor...

Covey88

5 Year Member
Ohio
Will give her both plus pumpkin that I have for her. She ate it last night, how long should it take to pass?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would guess a normal item passing would be withing the next two days or so. This may take longer. I would keep watching for at least a week. Even after that week if she is still doing fine and acting normal they likely aren't going to be a problem.