Found these babies

lillyanna

Ok i live in south texas like 4 or 5 hours from the border and my mom was outside cutting the grass and they pipped out. My boyfriend caught 3 and i wanna keep them but i dont know much about snakes so i dont want to bite off more than i can chew so help

Attachments

• 1400514825465.jpg
    1400514825465.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 77

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
They're cute but I agree. I would let them go in the same place they were caught.
Enjoy them in the wild. :)

lillyanna

We let them go but they were like 7 and 8 inches and they didnt bite they were grey with little black heads i thought they were really cute

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Glad to hear you let them go. If you want a pet snake, get a pet snake--a captive bred, from a reputable breeder (or a rescue!) good beginner species snake... After you have done research and prepared a suitable enclosure for one.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
They look like common garder snakes. We have them all over in Texas and they range from 5 - 12 inches and are usually brown or grey-ish. They do not bite and they do not do well in captivity. You probably wouldn't get them to eat. It was best you let them go.

želva

5 Year Member
Slovenia
I'm glad you let them out. Wild snakes usually don't do well in captivity. Even some captive breed snakes are hard to keep in captivity. Ask mee how i know, we had corallus hotullanos female that had two babies, one was dead and another alive, but we couldn't get live one to eat, force feeding small snakes is really hard too. And now we have one green tree python that wouldn't eat anything but small birds, which are hard and expensive to get.