Found First Hatchling

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Awwww! I didn’t even know you had other torts.. I always think BIG Sully when I see your avatar:) Congrats!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Nice Len! Great find. Good luck with the little guy.
Thanks Mark. Should be fun to watch it grow. I'm used to finding young box turtles just about anywhere around here,Found this little guy while weeding out front a few days ago,Picture 006 a copy.jpg I just covered him back up and moved to another area. haven't seen him since.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Awwww! I didn’t even know you had other torts.. I always think BIG Sully when I see your avatar:) Congrats!
I used to keep a bunch of different types of tortoises. a few years ago I got rid of most. Star, Leopard, Mee, Mep, Impressed, Red foot, Yellow foot, Russian, The other 4 adult sulcatas and all their hatchlings. The day before yesterday I had 5 tortoises now I have 6.

Len B

10 Year Member!
It's only been a week and she has adjusted great to being inside. Eating well and self hydrating. Feeding her a mix of ROS blooms and tender leaves, broad and narrow leaf plantain, dandelion leaves, tender new growth mulberry and wild grape leaves,wild violet leaves,clover,and thistle. Everything is chopped and cut into small pieces and I mix in a little mazuri dust of both types.Picture 014.jpg Picture 015.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
My lone female nested today. didn't get to watch her lay so not sure how many eggs. She dug the hole yesterday afternoon and went back to it this morning and dug a little more. I got a pic of her diggingPicture 006.jpg and one during the fill in.Picture 007.jpg I don't know if she did this on purpose or by accident but when she had finished there were 2 rocks that were next to the outside wall moved to be right over where the eggs are nowPicture 009.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I used to keep a bunch of different types of tortoises. a few years ago I got rid of most. Star, Leopard, Mee, Mep, Impressed, Red foot, Yellow foot, Russian, The other 4 adult sulcatas and all their hatchlings. The day before yesterday I had 5 tortoises now I have 6.

And yet there are more to come:)))