Found "buddy" our frog being eaten by a snake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
I'm so sad-- our Buddy was taken by a snake. I got him out of the snakes mouth but his back legs were pretty bad. He died on a wet papertowel- and it seemed like he was in shock. I'm not sure what to do. I took the rocks away from the pond and tried to find the snake but couldn't. I'm worried he's eating all of our tadpole frogs :((( help! (I'm armed with tongs and a pitcher)....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
RE: Found "buddy" our fog being eaten by a snake!

Do you know what type of snake it is?

poison

5 Year Member

was it your frog? if not i wouldn't have taken it from the snake. im a frog freak but i don't really mess with wild life. i think it would have been cool to witness this.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA

dmmj said:
Do you know what type of snake it is?

I think a garter. A big one. Black head though- white spots due to it being stretched out. Happened so fast!!

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
RE: Found "buddy" our frog being eaten by a snake!

Thanks! He's one of the frogs that we raised and ok-- this is goofy, but he swam to me and ate worms out of my hand! I haven't seen his brother tonight either ....

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sorry to hear about your little frog friend! :(

As a snake lover, I can't help but feel bad for the snake, too, to lose her meal after spending so much time and energy to catch it...

Just sad all around...

Keep in mind it's one of those "build it and they will come" things... Even if you find this snake and safely relocate her to a different area, there's a good chance a different snake(s) will simply take her place in your pond's food chain. "It's the Ciiiiircle of Liiiiiife... And it moooves us aaaaallll..."

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA

Floof said:

As a snake lover, I can't help but feel bad for the snake, too, to lose her meal after spending so much time and energy to catch it...

Just sad all around...

Keep in mind it's one of those "build it and they will come" things... Even if you find this snake and safely relocate her to a different area, there's a good chance a different snake(s) will simply take her place in your pond's food chain. "It's the Ciiiiircle of Liiiiiife... And it moooves us aaaaallll..."

You are right. Funny I always say that to others... Good news! His brother is in the pond tonight with a new lady ;)! Ummm.. Circle of life...

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA

SailingMystic said:
Thanks! He's one of the frogs that we raised and ok-- this is goofy, but he swam to me and ate worms out of my hand! I haven't seen his brother tonight either ....

Awww sounds cute.

Floof said:

Just sad all around...

Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.