EATEN ALIVE on the Discovery channel

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Perhaps, by some miracle, I'll be totally off on this show, and no anaconda will actually attempt to eat a human. Maybe the show will go on to describe just how ridiculous the idea of being EATEN ALIVE actually is, and maybe be a good educational segment on anaconda's, and use the show's rating and popularity to advocate for conservation.

Serious best case scenario here. I absolutely doubt that will happen, sadly….

This is what I'm hoping for too.

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Spoiler Alert: The dude wussied out. Something about a large Anaconda crushing him … I dunno … You would think he would know how an Anaconda ate its food *sarcastically scratching head*

Earth Mama

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
You know, G-d only knows how much money this stunt cost. I can think of a zillion good causes to give that money to instead of feeding this morons ego. It's not only stupid but wasteful....IMO, of course.

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Look up the info on this show, it is my understanding that this was all filmed in Florida and that the snake was brought in filmed and then released. I have not verified all of the information but it comes from a well known person. So I am assuming that a large portion of the film was all staged for the viewers benefit. What a waste of time and money and just what kind of scientific data did they actually obtain? Btw, in my opinion only a moron would pull such a stunt.

leopard777

5 Year Member
Spoiler Alert: The dude wussied out. Something about a large Anaconda crushing him … I dunno … You would think he would know how an Anaconda ate its food *sarcastically scratching head*

i heard about this ridiculous stunt ,is this the actual footage ? a question , if the anaconda does manage to swallow him , how are they going to get him out ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Seems to me this wasn't a very well-thought out stunt...or maybe it was. You should see the number of hits on twitter and facebook. If publicity was their aim, they reached it.

leopard777

5 Year Member
hope so ,
Seems to me this wasn't a very well-thought out stunt...or maybe it was. You should see the number of hits on twitter and facebook. If publicity was their aim, they reached it.

why dont he just pour ice or a pail of ball pythons over his head .

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
i heard about this ridiculous stunt ,is this the actual footage ? a question , if the anaconda does manage to swallow him , how are they going to get him out ?

That is the actual footage and it was at the tail end of an hour long episode. I guess Discovery Channel and the dude had to hold a press conference to apologize for the let down.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
The discovery channel should just go back to filming honey boo boo or the Kardashians, everything they air now a days is just fake and stupid.