Forum T-Shirt

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That other thread is under "site announcements" and no one besides Josh is allowed to post a picture there, and I want to post a picture, so I started this thread.

I haven't dropped the ball, I promise. I'm trying to find us a good picture for the shirt. This is the one I wanted to use:

sulcata for T-Shirt.jpg

But I haven't been able to contact the owner of the picture for permission.

Then I remembered Dean's picture of Aladar when Josh had a picture contest a couple years ago:

zx8zmq.jpg

But I guess Dean's on vacation as he's not responding to my emails and PM's.

So, I thought I'd enlist all of you to help me find a picture. I'm looking for a line drawing similar to the ones above. This makes it simple for the T-shirt artist to put on a shirt, and yet it's interesting to look at. This isn't a contest, I'm merely asking for your help to find a picture. Remember, you can't take a picture off the 'net unless you get permission from the owner of the picture.

Whew! Now the monkey's off my back and on yours!!!

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
@Yvonne G Wasnt there a member on here that did portrais of peoples tortoises as a hobby. I remember seeing posts of his/her work. Any way he/she would be interested. Someone must know the members name. What species do we want on the tshirt yvonne or is it any species?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I like the second one . It's perfect !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm looking for a realistic-looking line drawing. I think a baby tortoise would be most appealing. Any species.

Nicole M

5 Year Member
I can check out some photos and draw one or two up to see if anyone likes them. If anyone has photos they'd like me to draw from, send them my way!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
@ Yvonne G I received this line drawing from a member here on the forum. She lives on the other side of the pond, and I find her work to be fantastic. She drew this up from emailed photos I'd email her of "Little Ricky" and the likeness is amazing. This is a pen drawing she made for me. I will shoot her an email to gain permission to post the entire drawing and also to she if she has time currently to devote to this project if you could email me a link to this thread, that would be most helpful. I found her on the forum while being amazed at the detail she included in a pen drawing of an adult sulcata. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467064708.621772.jpg this is the final "dialing in" photo I sent her. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1467065297.864859.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I actually draw a lot (largely animals) and have designed t shirts for many different organizations and events... I'd be thrilled to draw something up! Is there a specific image, tortoise, or species you'd like drawn?
Would love to see a drawing of a cute tort.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
@ Yvonne G I received this line drawing from a member here on the forum. She lives on the other side of the pond, and I find her work to be fantastic. She drew this up from emailed photos I'd email her of "Little Ricky" and the likeness is amazing. This is a pen drawing she made for me. I will shoot her an email to gain permission to post the entire drawing and also to she if she has time currently to devote to this project if you could email me a link to this thread, that would be most helpful. I found her on the forum while being amazed at the detail she included in a pen drawing of an adult sulcata. View attachment 178440 this is the final "dialing in" photo I sent her. View attachment 178442
Hello Ken. The second one is really....CUTE! :D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi Nicole. Is the drawing ready, or not yet?

Can't wait to see it!

Nicole M

5 Year Member
Hi Nicole. Is the drawing ready, or not yet?

Can't wait to see it!
Not quite! I've been intermittently working on it (two hatchling pictures, actually--both similar, but one with its head peeking out a bit more), but I have a lot of work to get done by the end of my day tomorrow. After that, though, I'll get it done in a jiffy! (That is, if not before then)

I hope you like them!!! I think they're pretty cute. I've never drawn little hatchlings before, and I love it!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Not quite! I've been intermittently working on it (two hatchling pictures, actually--both similar, but one with its head peeking out a bit more), but I have a lot of work to get done by the end of my day tomorrow. After that, though, I'll get it done in a jiffy! (That is, if not before then)

I hope you like them!!! I think they're pretty cute. I've never drawn little hatchlings before, and I love it!
I am sure I will. :D