Fogger advise

Amajoy

Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, AZ
So I just received my fogger earlier today. I purchased one because I wasn't having much luck getting the humidity above 60% with spraying. It's been on for a few hours on the lowest setting in my 20 gal. long terrarium and seems to be maintaining 80%.
This enclosure is only temporary, I will be making a table soon.

My question is, his food is getting moist/damp because of the fogger. I think it's okay but just wanted to make sure and see what others are doing or if it's even a concern.

image.jpg
image.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The thing you are using for temp and humidity is in my and some others opinion crap. Get a digital more reliable one and put it closer to tort level. Heat rises so your getting the temps that are not tort level. Also I bet with a better gauge your humidity would probably be higher. A table will be even harder to keep temps and humidity unless your enclosing the whole thing

Amajoy

Glendale, AZ
Yeah I will be enclosing it with one of those plastic green houses to maintain heat and humidity. A few have mentioned how bad these thermometers are, I am also using a temp gun as well to ensure accurate temps. I want to get a digital one, just not sure what to buy.

Amajoy

Glendale, AZ
Alright well I went and bought a accurite temp/humidity guage. I think a lot of you have this one. Anyways. It's pretty accurate with my cheapo ones as far as temperatures go. The humidity was a bit off however. I am maintaining about 86% humidity on the "cooler"/opposite side of the enclosure from the fogger..
image.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
See the digital thermometer/hydrometer combo? It's $9 at Wal-Mart or $10 at home depot.
It tells you the temperature, humidity levels and keeps record of the highs and lows for both over a 24hr period.
2015-07-08_15.28.17.jpg
It's a great one to get..

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As for the digger discharge hose, put it so that it is over the water dish. This way extra water goes into the water dish not the substrate or anything else.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
There really is no right or wrong way. We all just have our favorite ways of doing things.
You'll find what works and you'll eventually settle for a method that works and is simple to maintain......And I'll bet you a dollar it wont include a fogger.;)