Flouro bulb selection choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akronic

5 Year Member
well ive gotta dilemma, at first i bought 2 of the Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 UVB CFL(not the curly one) anyway now im second guessing and wanting to get the 48" tube style that would just fit in my spare shop light. i was wondering if anyone w/ a UV meter would be able to point me in a direction of wich brand to buy i also have a powersun 100w MVP and a 100w CHE. so here are my choices.

www.petguys.com/-015561221750.html

www.petguys.com/-097612343480.html

nevermind the slight diff in price, which one is better or which one have you guys had better luck with, thanks

Akronic

5 Year Member
basically im giving up on MVB cuz i just had a power outtage(which happens all the time round here) and the bulb poped it was on a power strip/surge protector. it was just the fact of the HOT START/STRIKE i know HID bulbs will blow if you dont let them cool down. i cant afford for this **** to keep happening and replace $50+ bulbs all the time. only other option it to have all my MVB lights on a 15min delay if the power goes out. IDK this is sucks i like the heat and the UV it puts out in one but it aint gonna work if they just pop like that they are supposed to be self ballasted i thought?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Akronic said:
basically im giving up on MVB cuz i just had a power outtage(which happens all the time round here) and the bulb poped it was on a power strip/surge protector. it was just the fact of the HOT START/STRIKE i know HID bulbs will blow if you dont let them cool down. i cant afford for this stuff to keep happening and replace $50+ bulbs all the time. only other option it to have all my MVB lights on a 15min delay if the power goes out. IDK this is sucks i like the heat and the UV it puts out in one but it aint gonna work if they just pop like that they are supposed to be self ballasted i thought?

Are you saying you lost power an your MVB blew ? I have lost power several times and not had a problem with mine. what kind are you using ?

Akronic

5 Year Member
its the powersun 100 like everyone raves about. i waited a while before trying it again after i noticed it didnt come back on when the power flickered. so idk, the local pet guy is kinda an *** and wont even talk about refunding bulbs so im S.O.L. i guess.

thats the only reason im askin about florescent bulbs they are cheaper for me to buy and easier to obtain. i will give it a few more hours but i think i heard it pop

Status
Not open for further replies.