Flashing?

gg888

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi,
Just a quick one. My sully is coming up to four years old now. I just soaked him, and he was charging round and splashing about. I just took a quick look at his rear end, and I'm not one hundred per cent sure, but I think he might have flashed! What I want to know is, when they do flash, is it really noticeable? Or can it just happen quickly and subtly? ( I know this sounds like an absolutely ridiculous question)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
How big is he? It's usually pretty noticeable, though he may have been pulling it back inside when you caught a glimpse of it.

gg888

England
How big is he? It's usually pretty noticeable, though he may have been pulling it back inside when you caught a glimpse of it.
He's about 10 inches long. We've only had him for three months, as his previous owner no longer wanted him. I'm gutted I wasn't paying more attention - I just assumed he wasn't old or big enough to start doing that yet. I really hope he is a boy, then he can keep his name :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi,
Just a quick one. My sully is coming up to four years old now. I just soaked him, and he was charging round and splashing about. I just took a quick look at his rear end, and I'm not one hundred per cent sure, but I think he might have flashed! What I want to know is, when they do flash, is it really noticeable? Or can it just happen quickly and subtly? ( I know this sounds like an absolutely ridiculous question)
No question is ridiculous!

gg888

England
No question is ridiculous!
I think this one must be up there with the worst. I changed his bath water when it cooled down, but he had stopped splashing about and tucked his tail in, so I couldn't see :( now he's enjoying his evening meal of romain, plantain, clover and a chunk of banana. He's so stubborn, he refuses to untuck his tail now he knows I'm looking!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
He's about 10 inches long. We've only had him for three months, as his previous owner no longer wanted him. I'm gutted I wasn't paying more attention - I just assumed he wasn't old or big enough to start doing that yet. I really hope he is a boy, then he can keep his name :)

when you say hes 10'' ?? ;). I believe it's common for them to flash while soaking, our hermanns first proved his manhood this way as well... and now he's rather fond of showing it off, you'll be fed up seeing it soon lol

gg888

England
when you say hes 10'' ?? ;). I believe it's common for them to flash while soaking, our hermanns first proved his manhood this way as well... and now he's rather fond of showing it off, you'll be fed up seeing it soon lol
If that we're true, I'd be a very proud tort mum! ;) I guess I'm just going to have to keep my eye on him every time I bathe him now, and hopefully I'll find out for sure that he is, in fact, a boy! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think this one must be up there with the worst. I changed his bath water when it cooled down, but he had stopped splashing about and tucked his tail in, so I couldn't see :( now he's enjoying his evening meal of romain, plantain, clover and a chunk of banana. He's so stubborn, he refuses to untuck his tail now he knows I'm looking!

Just wanted to let you know that fruit is not good for them. I'd skip it. The other stuff sounds fine.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Oh, you'll have plenty of other times to see it. Once my sulcata was a little over 3, he realized he was a man! He would bring it in and out, drag it around and behind him, wiggle his bottom with it out all over the grass.... I also thought it was a prolapse and the vet even thought it was the cloaca (female part) but it wasn't....I hadn't seen it out for about a month and was shocked/impressed to see how much it had grown when I saw it the other day. SO glad he has stopped playing with it....

SGT Fish

Columbus, Ohio
i never realized how crazy freaky it is for them to flash until somebody sent me a link to a youtube video of one with an erection. its freaky and makes me hope frank turns out to be a girl haha

gg888

England
Well I'm about to bath him now, I'll keep my eyes peeled and hopefully he'll decide to do it again!

gg888

England
Right I briefly saw something again. Something a pale pinky/white colour came out around his tail for about five seconds, then went back in again! I think he's enjoying this.