First little Redfoot pip

JourneyN15

My first little Redfoot egg pipped yesterday. :<3: Two more eggs should be following soon. I'll admit, I did a happy dance. :) No more changes this morning, but I can wait to see it's little face. Temperature is 86.9 and humidity is 86%. If those numbers aren't right, please let me know. Thanks for this great forum and for letting me learn from all of you!IMG_2452 (3) (800x556).jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
My first little Redfoot egg pipped yesterday. :<3: Two more eggs should be following soon. I'll admit, I did a happy dance. :) No more changes this morning, but I can wait to see it's little face. Temperature is 86.9 and humidity is 86%. If those numbers aren't right, please let me know. Thanks for this great forum and for letting me learn from all of you!View attachment 163785
Can't wait to see more.
How many days of incubation has this took?

Congrats.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
My first little Redfoot egg pipped yesterday. :<3: Two more eggs should be following soon. I'll admit, I did a happy dance. :) No more changes this morning, but I can wait to see it's little face. Temperature is 86.9 and humidity is 86%. If those numbers aren't right, please let me know. Thanks for this great forum and for letting me learn from all of you!View attachment 163785

Congrats! The temp is high, I generally incubate at 81-83F, majority of my older hatchling's-now sub adults turned out to be female.

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
Congrats! The temp is high, I generally incubate at 81-83F, majority of my older hatchling's-now sub adults turned out to be female.
I have never kept Red Foots so I am just curious. That sounds like so low a incubation temperature. Also you were getting females who are typically produced on the higher end of incubation temps. Are RF tortoises often cooked at such low temps? How long is incubation at 81 to 83 degrees?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet looking little one . My reds have been laying but no babies as of yet .