First Day with new Pair of C/B Russians Awesome photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: Here was the first Day of my new Russian's and their Experience in their new Home! the Female Had to check out the top level of the Enclosure of course and just had to come to realize there's no way out up there! and then she came Back down eventually and decided to eat. The male, "Nah" not him he went strait for the wall to escape but found out the hard way by falling back wards and upside down and that that wasn't the answer to his attempted escape! "there's no escaping Here"! and even after turning him over He went for it again! he'll eventually get the idea! :) Then you have whats called Tortoise communication, my little Guy Rocky came out of no where just to check out the new female! I had to run and get my camera because i knew this was going to be a photo to remember! "Boy" that was a picture you just don't see every day with two tortoise communicating! then of course he went on his way. Last but Least i think after sending her the picture's of their Arrival to me and how their trip went, im pretty sure the lady next time will get the idea of what a pair of unsecured tortoises can do in a matter of hours to a box in shipping if not secured properly especially with Russians! :) I personally would of given them one more hour in that Box they would of been out! Good thing i went to the terminal instead of waiting 4 more hours for the delivery to come to me! Enjoy the pics. :tort:

grogansilver

5 Year Member
slowpoke said:
They sent them both in one box?
:tort: "yeah! I got Lucky they were still in there (the Box). they tore up that box! these guys are strong and Healthy the female alone is almost 6" and is heavy & wide. and the male 5 1/2" long and wide & heavy him self! big Head... remember i posted about the growth rings on them? there's no pyramiding in these guys they were just taken care of very well!! :tort:

:tort: If any body remembers that Huge Female Russian tort i had which was 8"L 6"W, Well she went to some one of this forum here over the weekend, over a 2 hour and 15 minute drive for me one way and the same for the other person no names mention!, it was our meeting distance, and believe me he was happy! the person couldn't believe his eyes how big she was and let alone Healthy! she went to a nice home were she will be taken care of very well. sometimes pictures can be deceiving but not in her case! I do wish her well. these guys on the other hand their mine! :tort:

slowpoke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado springs, colorado
grogansilver said:
slowpoke said:
They sent them both in one box?
:tort: "yeah! I got Lucky they were still in there (the Box). they tore up that box! these guys are strong and Healthy the female alone is almost 6" and is heavy & wide. and the male 5 1/2" long and wide & heavy him self! big Head... remember i posted about the growth rings on them? there's no pyramiding in these guys they were just taken care of very well!! :tort:

:tort: If any body remembers that Huge Female Russian tort i had which was 8"L 6"W, Well she went to some one of this forum here over the weekend, over a 2 hour and 15 minute drive for me one way and the same for the other person no names mention!, it was our meeting distance, and believe me he was happy! the person couldn't believe his eyes how big she was and let alone Healthy! she went to a nice home were she will be taken care of very well. sometimes pictures can be deceiving but not in her case! I do wish her well. these guys on the other hand their mine! :tort:

well glad you got them safe now ... and yes i do remember that beast of a female you had (thats what i would of called her too), i wished i lived closer to you so i could of grabed her up ....

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
I love it when Russians touch noses like that. My male and female do it, too, when I let them come into contact every now and then. Reminds me of how dogs sniff each other. :)

Anyway, your tortoises look great! Judging by the growth ring on one of the new ones, I can't help but wonder if she's not actually LTC (long-term captive), as opposed to CBB. Maybe it will look like the rest of her shell once it hardens, I don't know, but it just seems like a rate of growth that's maybe a little bit higher than she experienced earlier in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.