TOAD DAYZ

awesomecs

5 Year Member
so I think this is a American toad I'm not planning on keeping it I dint even touch it I left it alone and started recording AND I GOT DIS AMAZING FOTAGE!!!! the toads are more common since the mushrooms the filed crickets eat our out and there hundreds of crickets running around p.s is this toad stuck or is it ambushing or both
here's a pic

DSCN0248.JPG

I got a video of it eating but I dint get it to upload on the forums =[

Last edited by a moderator:

awesomecs

5 Year Member
Love toads. Most likely he is not stuck.

that's what I thought after I saw him stand still and eat a bug in a blink of a eye I have footage but I don't know how to upload it on to tortoise forums =[

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I have no idea who that is but I have a camera I recorded it on so how would I transfer my vids

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
who has long sticky tongues toads or frogs?

awesomecs

5 Year Member
they both have somewhat sticky tonguest frogs have long tongungesthe jump high unlike toads that walk or hop I saw it eat I got it on video I just don't know how to upload it to the fourms

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
so I think this is a American toad I'm not planning on keeping it I dint even touch it I left it alone and started recording AND I GOT DIS AMAZING FOTAGE!!!! the toads are more common since the mushrooms the filed crickets eat our out and there hundreds of crickets running around p.s is this toad stuck or is it ambushing or both
View attachment 148067 here's a pic

I got a video of it eating but I dint get it to upload on the forums =[

Is the keyboard on your device broken? It appears that your punctuation and "caps" settings are only functioning intermittently.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
He probably wedged himself in that slot to avoid getting picked up by a larger critter. My toads would wedge into a spot and then puff up to stay there.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
Is the keyboard on your device broken? It appears that your punctuation and "caps" settings are only functioning intermittently.

yeah I have 2 browsers and one of them Is slow so even when I type I have to pushed down hard to get one letter type up.... its annoying oh and the rest are just mistakes like the explanation marks and the others are just the browser

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I can tell you first hand about toads hiding in tight spots.
I get one inside my "closed off" pen every now and then. They are very hard to find during the day. But they are right there.
My wife told me for weeks about a huge toad that was in one of the watering pools every morning. I'd come home and rip the place to shreds and not only could I not find one, but I also did not ever find a single spot where one could get in there!
Sure as anything, when I was re modeling the pen, I found four GIGANTIC cane toads underneath a dog house.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can tell you first hand about toads hiding in tight spots.
I get one inside my "closed off" pen every now and then. They are very hard to find during the day. But they are right there.
My wife told me for weeks about a huge toad that was in one of the watering pools every morning. I'd come home and rip the place to shreds and not only could I not find one, but I also did not ever find a single spot where one could get in there!
Sure as anything, when I was re modeling the pen, I found four GIGANTIC cane toads underneath a dog house.

I go through this every summer. We have native toads that come get in all my tortoise waters at night. As I go around making sure all the torties are in their boxes and locked up for the night, I have to pull the toads out of their water and I put them on the other side of a giant brick wall that encircles the whole property. I don't know how they keep getting back in unless they are climbing the wall, which I think I would have seen, and doesn't seem physically possible.

Crafty little buggers.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I go through this every summer. We have native toads that come get in all my tortoise waters at night. As I go around making sure all the torties are in their boxes and locked up for the night, I have to pull the toads out of their water and I put them on the other side of a giant brick wall that encircles the whole property. I don't know how they keep getting back in unless they are climbing the wall, which I think I would have seen, and doesn't seem physically possible.

Crafty little buggers.

yup I know how that fells, well at lest not with my tortoise pen, but once it was late at night and we all got out of the car and my mom jumped on the car door since she saw something big hop I went over to see a big American toad....it kind of sad thoe I see more toads get run over by cars in drive ways then I do outside NOT counting the babys there are hundreds of baby toads in the spring/summer