Finally ready to get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island_of_Misfit_Toys

5 Year Member
After countless hours of research and revisions I think we finally have a solid plan in place for our indoor Redfoot enclosure. Since we are in Minnesota she will be spending a lot of time indoors unfortunately. According to the plans this little venture will give her 65 sq. ft. of surface area on 2.5 levels. The main level will have a filtered, recirculating water fixture which will include a waterfall and running "wading" stream as well as a deep dark hide that looks like it is in the base/root system of a tree....kinda hard to explain I guess!
There will be a half level above this burrow which will serve as a basking area.
The lower level will be a planted grazing area, with planting trays that will be switched out as she trims them down.

So now that you've got the general overview, I need all of your input :D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Let me start off by saying that I love the username! Second, let me say wow! That is going to be one amazing enclosure. Can't wait to see it!!! :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
I don't own Redfoots, but it sounds fabulous. In addition, it seems it will be fairly easy to maintain humidity and warmth that they need; lots of plants seem to help with this. Your tort will be able to choose different areas to 'hang out' during the day. It sounds very creative and I imagine we all look forward to pictures.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
sounds great. can't wait to see it executed.

Tnewton

5 Year Member
Island_of_Misfit_Toys said:
After countless hours of research and revisions I think we finally have a solid plan in place for our indoor Redfoot enclosure. Since we are in Minnesota she will be spending a lot of time indoors unfortunately. According to the plans this little venture will give her 65 sq. ft. of surface area on 2.5 levels. The main level will have a filtered, recirculating water fixture which will include a waterfall and running "wading" stream as well as a deep dark hide that looks like it is in the base/root system of a tree....kinda hard to explain I guess!
There will be a half level above this burrow which will serve as a basking area.
The lower level will be a planted grazing area, with planting trays that will be switched out as she trims them down.

So now that you've got the general overview, I need all of your input :D

Sounds awesome, cant wait for pics. Oh and are you a rudolph fan??? Lol

Island_of_Misfit_Toys

5 Year Member
Thank you all! I am really excited about it. The way I see it we're making up for lost time, considering the poor girl spent the first two years of her life confined to a tiny little box. I'm sure the process will be quite the adventure, but you can count on pictures every step of the way. :D

I've been tossing around the idea of using an entertainment center as the backdrop so I can build the electrical and water controls into it, and build the waterfall in the center "tv" spot...

As for my username, thanks Anthony :) and Tnewton yes I am, for some reason it just seemed a fitting name for our little "zoo" since most of our animals have special needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.