Update: Tri-Level Tortoise Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
It started out as a bi-level table, then I got the idea to make it tri-level. The upper level is used as a feeding zone, the mid level is used as a watering hole/roaming area/sleeping quarters, and the lower level is used as the basking area. Altogether now the table is 7' x 3'. The lowest level is actually completely detachable so I can take her outside in the summer. I am ecstatic about finally having it completely done and wanted to post pics, so here they are :)
Let me know what you think; advice always helps to improve and positive comments let me know we've done well for lil Delilah!

gieseygirly said:
It started out as a bi-level table, then I got the idea to make it tri-level. The upper level is used as a feeding zone, the mid level is used as a watering hole/roaming area/sleeping quarters, and the lower level is used as the basking area. Altogether now the table is 7' x 3'. The lowest level is actually completely detachable so I can take her outside in the summer. I am ecstatic about finally having it completely done and wanted to post pics, so here they are :)
Let me know what you think; advice always helps to improve and positive comments let me know we've done well for lil Delilah!

Sorry about the two different types of attachments - just happened to be the way I saved the pics. The PDF attachment shows the entire table from a top view. The JPG is of Delilah basking in the newest addition of her home.

Attachments

• Delilah.pdf
    156 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF1363.JPG
    DSCF1363.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 174

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Sounds wonderful I love the multilevel tables. I would love to see more puctures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Interesting. Does he use all three levels by himself?

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
emysemys said:
Interesting. Does he use all three levels by himself?

Yes, just have one Russian right now. Plan on purchasing a hatchling as soon as I can find one. That's also part of the reason the lowest level is detachable - to put the hatchling in and slowly introduce them to eachother and observe behavior.

She's still adjusting to the change; over the next couple of days I will place her in different sections of the table so she can grow accustomed to it.

arotester

5 Year Member
Interesting idea about the enclosure but i would not try and put another tort with the existing one.:)

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
arotester said:
Interesting idea about the enclosure but i would not try and put another tort with the existing one.:)

I understand what you mean. I've been doing tons of research on Russians and am finding they do better alone. However, I now Delilah is WC and I want to raise a hatchling so bad! I'm thinking I may just end up with two seperate tortoise tables and simply keep them seperated.

Status
Not open for further replies.