KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
He'll come home on Friday! View attachment 271780

View attachment 271781
Boy or Girl? I think its a boy! by the tail... excuse his muddy look but apparently he wanted to bury himself and he doesn't have enough soil at the moment! So he ended up covered in mud.
He looks like a feisty tort!
He wears his mud very well! [emoji2] Enjoy your new baby!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to you and Keto.
Have you found the caresheet for redfoots yet?
The Beginners Mistakes thread is also a good way to avoid problems and you'll get some good ideas on the Enclosures thread.
If you follow the advice here your little tort should be happy and healthy!

Ketta

Venezuela
Hi and welcome to you and Keto.
Have you found the caresheet for redfoots yet?
The Beginners Mistakes thread is also a good way to avoid problems and you'll get some good ideas on the Enclosures thread.
If you follow the advice here your little tort should be happy and healthy!
Yes someone posted the link. Where can I find the beginners mistake thread.

Ketta

Venezuela
He is 2-3 years old if you don't provide the right amount of space they don't grow much which is why I decided to get a bigger terrarium for him. Many people in my country don't know that they can grow that much so they tend to keep them in small terrariums.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you can post pics of your enclosure members can advise you on any changes you may need to make to ensure he is safe and comfortable. We've all made mistakes with our first set ups as there's so much bad information given by stores, other tortoise websites and even some breeders, so it's best to check everything before there's any potential problems and you could end up saving money too.

Ketta

Venezuela
If you can post pics of your enclosure members can advise you on any changes you may need to make to ensure he is safe and comfortable. We've all made mistakes with our first set ups as there's so much bad information given by stores, other tortoise websites and even some breeders, so it's best to check everything before there's any potential problems and you could end up saving money too.
The enclosure is not ready yet but I will send pictures tomorrow he will be given to me tomorrow afternoon/evening...