Feeling dumb

dwright27

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

My humidifier finally arrived, and I have it running fine for my RF. The problem I'm having now is that the condensation on the shower curtain covering everything is dripping onto my floor. I don't know how to remedy this and still have access to the tank. Thoughts?

Dawn

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Hi everyone,

My humidifier finally arrived, and I have it running fine for my RF. The problem I'm having now is that the condensation on the shower curtain covering everything is dripping onto my floor. I don't know how to remedy this and still have access to the tank. Thoughts?

Dawn
Can you show us a photo please.

dwright27

5 Year Member
Not sure what I can use to seal it up better without a) creating a fire hazard or b) making it a giant pain in the butt to access the tank.

dwright27

5 Year Member
I used to have it low, but it was making the substrate way too wet.

dwright27

5 Year Member
Is it for deco only or for making it humid and moist when it's too dry?

It's for humidity. It's hideous, so having it for decoration would make me question myself lmao! But yeah, she's a redfoot so she needs the humidity.

dwright27

5 Year Member
Tom, I am hoping to have one built. This is all I can do in the meantime.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
It's for humidity. It's hideous, so having it for decoration would make me question myself lmao! But yeah, she's a redfoot so she needs the humidity.
Maybe you set it low and turn on for 15 minutes? Just turn it on until the humidity rises.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I use clear shower curtains to cover enclosures. With the curtain and damp substrate it keeps it so humid I have no need for a humidifier. Confused as to why you need it?

dwright27

5 Year Member
*sigh*

I am hiring someone to build an enclosure for me, located here. However, the only person I have been able to find in my area that knows how or is willing to do it is leaving in February/March and won't be back until the fall. I am also in university and money is an issue right now.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Instead of covering it with a plastic sheet, why don't you just put a lid on it, cut 2 holes in a piece of wood, 1 hole for heat source and another for your fogger. In fact you won't need a fogger if you cover it. If you make the lid in 2 pieces you can just move the half of lid without the holes in it to feed and clean. This would do until you get your new enclosure.