Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marginatedlover116

5 Year Member
What type of diet should I feed my marginated tortoise? Right now it's on a steady diet of leafy greens and pears. How much pear should I feed him? Is this the right diet?

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
I'm not familiar with that tortoise but i know every tortoise needs variety. if your torts diet includes fruit, then i would mix it up, try strawberries, cantaloupe, grape, cactus fruit, just to name a few. but you should research if that tortoise can even have fruit. as for greens, they need to be changed up often as well. try things like kale, water cress, mustard, collard and turnip greens and endive for variety :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
stinax182 said:
I'm not familiar with that tortoise but i know every tortoise needs variety. if your torts diet includes fruit, then i would mix it up, try strawberries, cantaloupe, grape, cactus fruit, just to name a few. but you should research if that tortoise can even have fruit. as for greens, they need to be changed up often as well. try things like kale, water cress, mustard, collard and turnip greens and endive for variety :)

Not so much fruit for a Marginated. They should have barely any fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.