Feeding fresh in southern Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
I have been scouring the forums and have gotten some fantastic tips, help identifying our tortoise as a babcocki leopard tortoise and answers regarding habitat solutions.
Now I am wondering how tort owners here in cold Canada feed fresh to their torts?
I would like to add some safe plants to green up Benny's enclosure and give him an opportunity to eat as he pleases.
In summer we are growing him an outdoor garden in his enclosure, but those plants are too large to grow inside a humid terrarium.
Any thoughts appreciated. I was thinking maybe there are some herbs or something?
Also, if anyone has a lead on where I can get organic cactus and hibiscus would appreciate it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Seeds can be planted in coconut coir. They will grow, not as good as if they were outside, but it does work. Also, you could take some greens that still has the root base attached. Place that into water and roots and new greens will grow from it, then transplant into enclosure. Also, check out the tortoisetable.org for other plant ideas. Cactus can be found online, just have to make sure they ship to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.