Feeding Baby Tortoises

Adamjsp

Location (City and/or State)
Dawlish
Hey,

So I was wondering the correct amount to feed my baby tortoises. I understand the general rule of thumb, about as much as the size of their shell.

However, I know some people do 2 starve days. Does this only relate to older tortoises and not baby ones?

Thanks

Chennai
Hey,

So I was wondering the correct amount to feed my baby tortoises. I understand the general rule of thumb, about as much as the size of their shell.

However, I know some people do 2 starve days. Does this only relate to older tortoises and not baby ones?

Thanks
Hey,

Thanks
Generally Starvation habit is for animals which lives in outdoor where they have few munching or grazing food matters as we keep in indoor its only source of food is wharever we give to them, so making them starving doesnt make sense for indoor tortoises,.. while you are giving them mixed varity food im sure one or few will left uneaten and only like menu is eaten up... so feed them daily once in morning, and a very little or little than morning menu for baby or juvenile tortoises. Thats how i exprimented and works fine. I always see some food is left in mixture food. So you are not feeding them too much also you are feeding varity as few stick to each other and consumed by tortoise while they pick their own liked food.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Feed him every day, no starve days. They would not do that in the wild unless no food was available. Feed them enough so they have food to last them all day or feed them a smaller amount in the a.m. and give them more if they eat it all. They should he able to graze on it throughout the day.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey,

Thanks
This is old incorrect care info. This tells me that you've been reading the wrong stuff and probably have the wrong ideas about lots of other things too.

Tortoises are grazers. They should be fed as much of the correct foods as they want to eat every day.

All that and more is here: