Fears/Phobias, what are yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
Missy said:
My only real phobia is spiders do to a scary childhood encounter. For those of you with the needle phobia, I love starting I.V.s on you guys. LOL. I let all the newbies poke me for their first time. I guess I should stop before my veins are crapped out.

I can honestly tell you you would not want to come near me with a needle.

I'm going to regret asking this, i think, but whats I.V.s?

lindsay44

5 Year Member
I'm terrified of heights. I can't climb up more than three steps on a ladder because I'm shaking and terrified. My dog went near a cliff edge once and I broke down screaming and in tears I was so terrified. He came running back to me worried because I was hysterical.
Also needles, pain, anything witha beetle looking face( that includes caterpillars), the dark and I'm claustrophobic. I can't stand having anything covering my face. I've woken up screaming and fighting as if my life was on the line because my blanket was over my head. Makes me feel like im suffocating if my face is covered even if I can breathe just fine
Also swimming in the ocean and in rivers and lakes. I'm only not scared when I'm in a pool and can see the bottom. I'm a very very good swimmer but it's what could be in the water that scares me.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
stephiiberrybean said:
Missy said:
My only real phobia is spiders do to a scary childhood encounter. For those of you with the needle phobia, I love starting I.V.s on you guys. LOL. I let all the newbies poke me for their first time. I guess I should stop before my veins are crapped out.

I can honestly tell you you would not want to come near me with a needle.

I'm going to regret asking this, i think, but whats I.V.s?

It's a catheter inserted through a needle that allows an infusion of fluids directly into the veins. LOL, hope that did not scare you.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Missy said:
It's a catheter inserted through a needle that allows an infusion of fluids directly into the veins. LOL, hope that did not scare you.

No. I've had them in lots of times. I have to have my arm numbed with cream first and still freak out.
I spent lots of time in hospital not to long ago as I was very poorly!

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
stephiiberrybean said:
Missy said:

No. I've had them in lots of times. I have to have my arm numbed with cream first and still freak out.
I spent lots of time in hospital not to long ago as I was very poorly!

I have had several people pass out on me, all men, LOL.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
well I can almost garuntee if I don't pass out on you I will end up crying my eyes out and physically shaking.

Although the first time I got admitted into hospital I was in that much pain I half passed out from fear and half from pain! (not to mention I was very dyhydrated and hadn't eaten anything for quite a while!)

Missy said:
I have had several people pass out on me, all men, LOL.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I GOOGLE'd it, so I know what it is, but when I first saw the word I thought it meant you were afraid of emoticons! :p :rolleyes: :shy: :D :cool: ;) :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
dmmj said:
My only real and true fear, is talking on the phone, especially to strangers, I nearly get sick sometimes when I have to use the phone, unless I know the person really well. not a life shattering fear granted, but I am thankful for email and texting now.

I am very much the same way, though I'm not sure I'd consider it a fear. Maybe more along the lines of anxiety.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Wikipedia says;Eemetophobic is the most common phobia in the world. wow

I though Gynophobia, the fear of women, would be at least 50% of the population.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
fbsmith3 said:
I though Gynophobia, the fear of women, would be at least 50% of the population.

More like Gamophobia, the fear of marriage

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Spiders really creep me out, I will scream and run from one, I actually wrecked my truck over a tiny jumping spider, lol.. biggest fear is water, dark water like in a swamp but most other bodies of water scare me to, if i cant see whats in it I aint going in.. and zombies, creeps me out bad but I love zombie movies and the series The Walking Dead, on AMC, its so awesome!!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Here ya go, Kelly...print this out and tack it up someplace where you have to look at it all the time. Immersion therapy! :p

11-1-11princewilliam.jpg

OMG, she never blinks!!!! No wonder these scare you.

Phobia=deep, dark water. Don't ask me to go underwater cave exploring, *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.