Fears/Phobias, what are yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
OMG Captain.....just laughed so loud made the dogs bark....shhhhhh LOLOLOLOLOL :D

and dr....you almost joined the club of the women who pee themselves .....hahaha , Mary Anne will be so happy to hear we almost had another member....LOL:D

oh yeah....my fear is of dying by fire or drowning.....not the dying part necessarily but the act of burning or drowning is the part I am not too keen on....would really hurt and take along time...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Wasps. I can't be anywhere near one, and panic so much if I am. I'll run out of rooms if one enters, no matter how big the room is, and I struggle to be outside in the summer when they're around - attractions such as theme parks are a particular problem.

I went to a zoo last year and there were thousands there, and nothing in place to stop them. I was just about coping in the open air, but we then went into the monkey cage where you're in with the animals. It was busy, and the wasps were in there as well. I tried to get out but people had to wash their hands at the door before they could leave, and there was a queue blocking the doorway - by the time I made it out I was in tears with everyone looking at me. I've also screamed and run around a bus crying in the past, before jumping off it mid-journey.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
lol at Angela :D I sorta kinda fear heights. I don't like WORKING in high places, like on ladders more than two stories. I LOVE planes though. Single engine private pilot planes are my fave, like a Cesnas or Pipers.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
My fears are
Gong back to work! I think it's the whole interview process. I haven't worked in 9yrs.
Rattle snakes, especially finding one under my feet while driving or popping out at me in the yard!!
Being in a car accident. I'm a great driver but I fear others. I get flashes of head on collisions while sitting at a red light. Not a good feeling!
Dying!!

Phobia used to be needles. I have fainted in the past but since having kids I just dislike them now and do give blood at the blood bank once in a while. My mom would be so proud of me!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
dmmj said:
constant alien abduction and gang anal probing.

This is definitely a fear of mine... Also 3-D rides, those things make me extremely sick....

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Fears? I guess I fear the typical stuff: being in a car accident (probably more so when I'm not the one behind the wheel), falling from a great height, something particularly heavy striking me in the head, etc. The car accident thing is more prevalent, I think, in people who have actually been in accidents before. There's nothing like that feeling of being hit and losing control of the vehicle!

Phobias? Don't much care for roaches or centipedes. Most spiders don't bother me (big hairy tarantulas, I've held before), but the smaller quick ones get me on edge sometimes. There's a few LARGE quick ones around these parts that have nearly scared the poo outta me!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I have an irrational fear of women, all of them. When I talk to my wife I have to close my eyes

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
stells2 said:
Moths...

Clowns...

Porcelain dolls...

Needles...

Here ya go, Kelly...print this out and tack it up someplace where you have to look at it all the time. Immersion therapy! :p

11-1-11princewilliam.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It should have been a porcelain clown doll, eating a moth while holding a needle.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! Believe me, I looked. But there don't seem to be any clowns in there, darn it.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Spriders and Bugs. Anything with less than two legs or more than four!

laramie said:
Spriders and Bugs. Anything with less than two legs or more than four!
Although I like ladybugs

LadyOfTheWord

5 Year Member
Mao Senpai said:
Speaking of elevators, don't you hate it when you get the stupid moron jumping on it, thinking they are cool or whatever... usually I give them the death stare ... and if they don't cut it out I threatened them with something fierce :)

Many years ago. I had really immature friends that would jump as hard as they could in elevators because they knew I had a fear of the cable breaking. Well one time the elevator stopped working between floors!!! We were trapped there for an hour because nobody knew it was stuck (we were visiting a friend at a small art school.)

My other fears include being jobless/homeless and unplanned pregnancy! O.O
Also fire. :p

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Sarah Palin as president ;)

Really my only fear is losing a loved one. If our house phone rings late at night or early in the morning I panic, thinking something happened. If someone is running late and I haven't heard from them, I think the worst. I am able to control myself- I don't freak out or anything- but my mind does wander!

I'm not scared of spiders, heights, clowns, the dark, or anything like that.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
emysemys said:
stells2 said:
Moths...

Clowns...

Porcelain dolls...

Needles...

Here ya go, Kelly...print this out and tack it up someplace where you have to look at it all the time. Immersion therapy! :p

11-1-11princewilliam.jpg

OMG I just remembered what else I did not like... any type of dolls and especially mannequins... ugh! What was that movie where the mannequins becomes this girls mother or something... freaked me out!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Having to get under the house in a crawl space, and bugs! I hate them both! Oh, does my sh*ty job count? :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
there was the movie mannequin, where the mannequin came to life only around one person, then there was the twilight zone where the department store mannequins came to life once a month or so (1 at a time) and got to live out in the real world.

My only real and true fear, is talking on the phone, especially to strangers, I nearly get sick sometimes when I have to use the phone, unless I know the person really well. not a life shattering fear granted, but I am thankful for email and texting now.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
My only real phobia is spiders do to a scary childhood encounter. For those of you with the needle phobia, I love starting I.V.s on you guys. LOL. I let all the newbies poke me for their first time. I guess I should stop before my veins are crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.