Favorite flower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPete7

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
Hello all! Just wondering which flowers are your tortoises favorite? To eat of course :p

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I gave Matilda a Zucchini flower the other day and she turned her nose up at it. I was surprised because I heard a lot of people say they like them and she eats darn near everything I put in front of her. She does like the squash its self though.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Nelson likes dandelions but it took some warming up to them ;)

I want to try pansies...I'll have to plant some!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tropical hibiscus is the winner here, but Althea (Rose of Sharon) and dandelions come in very very close for the top spot.

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Dallas Oregon
Tortuga loves the flowers of snapdragon and Irie loves roses. However the flowers of dandilion, cucumber, johnny jumpups, and putunia are also loved.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
hibiscus flowers rule here, hibiscus flowers = tortoise crack.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Well, I just gave Lil Solo a choice of pansy, Rose of Sharon, and hibiscus, and he went straight for the Rose of Sharon.......He ate the whole thing...I couldn't believe it. He's only 2 inches.....I don't know where he fit that whold flower.
066-2.jpg

SweetPete7

5 Year Member
South Dakota
terryo said:
Well, I just gave Lil Solo a choice of pansy, Rose of Sharon, and hibiscus, and he went straight for the Rose of Sharon.......He ate the whole thing...I couldn't believe it. He's only 2 inches.....I don't know where he fit that whold flower.

Beautiful boy :)

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Gracie, my Jordanian Greek, is a really picky eater. She won't eat Collard, Kale, or Turnip greens at all (she used to when I first got her, but won't touch them any more), but will inhale a quarter pound of zucchini squash or a pile of Spring Mix larger than her body in one sitting. So far, the only flower that she has shown any interest in are dandelions and white clover. She won't eat rose petals, hibiscus, petunias, pansies, or even any of the dandelion-like flowers (hawkbits, for example). To answer the question, I guess I'd say that dandelions are her favorite flower since it's the only flower she will eat. :)

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I don't have many flowers to feed around here, but they have both enjoyed dandelion flowers. Only my older one will eat Hollyhock flowers (and will love them!). The hatchling won't touch even just a petal.

bobc

5 Year Member
Cyprus
Fred, my Greek is a fussy eater , he used to love red hibiscus but his lordship now prefers the light yellow ones. On a different note the little beggar has started climbing everything in sight - as if a 30sq.m garden is not big enough!

SweetPete7

5 Year Member
South Dakota
bobc said:
Fred, my Greek is a fussy eater , he used to love red hibiscus but his lordship now prefers the light yellow ones. On a different note the little beggar has started climbing everything in sight - as if a 30sq.m garden is not big enough!

Ha ;) fussy indeed! I can relate. . . my Sonne does not grasp the concept of "beggers can't be choosers".

Status
Not open for further replies.